Job description / Role
Responsible for the development, sustainment and deployment of Qatargas Crisis Management system and its ability to strategically respond and recover in the event of an incident/emergency. Ensuring all activities are undertaken in compliance with Company Safety, Health and Environment and Quality policies, regulations and standards.
As a senior member of the team, you will assist the section in the facilitation and maintenance of all Qatargas Crisis Management readiness, response and recovery policies and procedures, including:
• Validating assigned Asset Emergency Response Plans and related documents to ensure strategic crisis management information is consistent and up to date.
• In cooperation with the team, you will be responsible for the development and successuful execution of all Tier 2 and Tier 3 crisis management exercises including the required coordination of all necessary resources.
• Validates and guides the writing of reports on completed exercises and follows through with addressing the critical and non-critical action items within the established timeline for follow-up or completion
• Ensures the administration of the weekly Duty Response Manager (DRM) is complete and that adequate cover for the deployment of Strategic Crisis Management Advisors to either an Incident Management Team or the Crisis Management Team can be delivered.
• Completes quarterly Tier-2 level function-tests on all Incident Command Centres in QG to ensure and confirm operational functionality and to close any issues/gaps arising from the submission of scheduled inspections and ready-state reports.
• Completes monthly verification checks on the Emergency Notification System (ENS) to ensure response functionality.
• Performs and guides the implementation of established incident management training to all asset Incident Management Teams and the corporate Crisis Management Team including the monitoring of performance efficiency and skill gaps.
• Guide and validate the strategic pre-incident plans for sites with specific hazards in compliance with the company policies and procedures.
• When applicable and through the use of established procedures, conduct post-incident reviews and lessons-learned forums ensuring that items are documented, registered and communicated through various stakeholders.
• Master’s degree in Emergency Management, Disaster Management, Engineering, Fire Safety & Risk Management or equivalency
• Certified/ Associate Emergency Managers (CEM/ AEM) Designation or equivalency
• Incident Command System Level 100-200-300-400 certification or equivalency
• Incident Command System Train-The-Trainer Certification for ICS 100, 200 and 300 or equivalency
• Business Continuity qualification (CBCI or equivalent)
• Minimum 5 to 7 years of experience in Oil & Gas
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in crisis and emergency management at a senior level
• Expert knowledge in Microsoft suite of programs
• Mastery in both written and verbal use of the English language
• Prior experience practicing in the Middle East
• Understanding of various crisis management disciplines including energy sector, IT and security-based issues
• LNG Spill Control & Fire Suppression or equivalency
• NFPA 1072 Awareness & Operations (ProBoard) or equivalency
• Mass Casualty Incident Management Course Intermediate Level or equivalency
• Institute of Risk Management accreditation or equivalency
About the Company
Qatargas is a unique global energy operator in terms of size, service and reliability. The Company operates 14 Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) trains with a total annual production capacity of 77 million tonnes. This makes Qatargas the largest LNG producer in the world.
Established in 1984, Qatargas develops, produces, and markets hydrocarbons from the world’s largest non-associated natural gas field. In addition to producing LNG, Qatargas is also a leading exporter of natural gas, helium, condensate and associated products.
Today, Qatargas continues to set the benchmark in the LNG industry as it safely and reliably supplies energy to customers all over the world.