Job description / Role
• Lead and manage the civil work of the contractors including performance management, KPI assessment, budgeting, operating costs management etc.
• Ensure the facilities effectively serve the needs of all stakeholders -residents, families, organizations, commercial establishments, master developers etc in the city and they are provided with high-level services
• Works with the Service providers to define workable civil engineering solutions as required for the maintenance/construction/rehabilitation.
• Review’s method statements and provides comments related to civil engineering
• Conducts periodic inspections to determine if civil works have been done in accordance with contract specifications and the client needs.
• Review civil related manuals and documentation to ensure they are prepared in full extent and contain all the necessary provision of information
• Review and provide inputs on planned civil maintenance activities for the managed properties to ensure that all necessary points are taken in to account and on site, equipment is well maintained.
• Provide technical advice to the facilities management in order to support them in addressing specific civil issues.
• Implement maintenance and safety procedures, service schedule, and supply of materials required to maintain the assets in the prescribed condition
• Conduct site testing of civil related issues, and faultfinding activities to ensure the property or site is well maintained.
• Manage civil repair works done by the contractors to ensure that all assigned repair or maintenance tasks are performed optimally concerning time, quality and cost measures.
• Review plans and budgets for civil activities to validate costs / investments required.
• Provide insights for facilities management tenders concerning the requirements and associated costs.
• Verify and advice on the PPM schedule and frequency of maintenance to balance between quality and maintenance cost.
• Managing Asset takeover from different departments to the operation
• Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering
• 6-8+ years of experience and 4+ years progressive experience in similar role.
• In-depth knowledge of Qatar/GCC real estate market dynamics and regulatory environment.
• Excellent technical capabilities
• Sound understanding Facility Management and key success factors
About the Company
Qatar Project Management (QPM) is an independent subsidiary of Barwa Real Estate Development Company that provides expertise in Project Management, Design Management, Construction Management, and Contract Administration together with other associated Project Management functions. Established in 2008, QPM is centralized platform for provision of Project Management services to Barwa and Qatari Diar as well as local and international markets. QPM provides these services through an in-house team of highly-skilled, motivated, and qualified professionals supported by state-of-the-art information technology and highly-effective Project Management systems.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Civil Engineer
A Leading Construction Company in the UAE
Civil Maintenance Engineer
Qatar Project Management (QPM)
Senior Civil Maintenance Engineer
Qatar Project Management (QPM)
Civil Manager - Airport