Job description / Role
WSP are looking for a Senior Engineer - SCADA Specialist to advise, support and evolve the SCADA System in the Drainage Network Management Systems (DNMS) necessary to ensure reliable 24/7 operation and continual improvement.
The key objectives of the role will be to:
• Monitor, support and evolve the SCADA System in the Drainage Network Management
• Systems (DNMS) necessary to ensure reliable 24/7 operation and continual improvement.
• Highlight anomalies, risks and issues to the DNMC supervisor.
• Participate in the management and resolution of issues that may impact DNO&M services.
• Liaise with ISD and Third Parties to analyse and resolve issues.
• Participate in the review of issues to understand root causes and mitigation measures that can be implemented to limit future occurrences.
• Prepare and provide ad hoc, weekly and monthly performance reports to the DNMC supervisor.
• Contribute to Continual Improvement of the DNMS.
• Contribute to the review and update of the I&EMP as appropriate.
• Ensure adherence to Health and Safety Policy and Procedures and comply with any new work instructions
• Perform other duties/ tasks as required
In order to meet the challenge you will have the following skills and experience:
• Bachelors’ Degree in Engineering
• Preferably holder of Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certifications or equivalent
• Minimum of 12 years’ experience in specialist area including 5 year’s working in a similar position.
• Knowledge and experience of Drainage Network Management Systems (e.g. SCADA, Analytics, Communications, Archiving, Networking, Maintenance Management, Customer Relationship Management, Vehicle Tracking, Billing) preferred
• Knowledge and experience of Sewer and TSE networks including pump stations and treatment facilities preferred
• Specialist knowledge and experience of integrating SCADA Systems of leading PLC & SCADA Manufacturers such as Schneider, Siemens, and GEF anuc , etc. preferred
• Specialist knowledge and experience of SCADA industry protocols and Field Bus communication standards such as DNP3, Modbus RTU, Modbus TCP, Profibus, Profinet, SNMP, TCP/IP, BACnet, DeviceNET, FactoryTalk, CAN Bus, OPC preferred
• Experience in Microsoft Office Packages and SCADA Technology preferred
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing either Arabic / English
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.
Qatar Project Management (QPM)
Solar Project - Electrical Installation Engineer (Wind and Solar)
Powerchina Huadong Engineering Corporation Limited
Senior Civil Engineer / Inspector
Dar Al Handasah Nazih Taleb & Partners (DAHNT)
|Abu Dhabi||3 May|
ELV and Security Systems Engineer