Job description / Role
Stantec Qatar is looking to hire a Senior Engineering Geologist for its operations in Qatar.
• Experience in planning and managing the supervision of onshore/offshore geotechnical and geophysical investigation works for underground projects (i.e., tunnels, shafts, deep excavations, outfalls).
• Knowledgeable in borehole coring, logging and sampling techniques.
• Experience in the planning and interpretation of the following in-situ geotechnical tests:
• Pressure meter test
• Diagraphy drilling
• Permeability packer test
• Pumping test
• Flow logging
• Experience in the planning and interpretation of the following in-situ geophysical tests:
• Seismic refraction
• Seismic downhole test
• Crosshole seismic tomography
• Wireline Geophysics
• Familiar with the installation of geotechnical instrumentation and monitoring (i.e., piezometers, observation wells).
• Experience in preparing laboratory testing programs and interpreting lab tests results.
• Familiar with major geological risks in the region.
• Local experience in similar projects in Qatar would be an advantage.
• Familiar with geotechnical database software (i.e., gINT) and production of geotechnical design profiles.
• Effective communication and reporting skills (English).
• Chartered Engineer (Preferred)
• MSc or Bachelors in Geology/Geotechnical Engineering
• Experience - minimum 15 years
• Candidate must have worked for civil engineering or geotechnical companies.
• Candidate must be fluent in English
• Must be based in Qatar and available to start immediately
About the Company
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That’s why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they’re our communities too. This allows us to assess what’s needed and connect our expertise, to appreciate nuances and envision what’s never been considered, to bring together diverse perspectives so we can collaborate toward a shared success.
We’re designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.