Job description / Role
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world's most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group's entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
Overview of the role
This role wiht focus on business development and facilities management, with expertise in operating at both strategic and operational levels, implementing hard services, leading teams, and achieving excellence in facility management.
Proven track record of overseeing HVAC, mechanical, building, and electrical maintenance projects in the Middle East, with outstanding P&L management and a dedication to client relations which ensure the continuance of operation by securing more business, and enhance revenue.
What you will do
Business Development & Financial
- Owner and responsible for P&L, achieving financial targets.
- Must have good sense of Business Development, Mall penetration, lead generation, credentials pitch, evaluation, account management, follow up, develop proposals, negotiation, and closing agreements.
- Understanding and awareness on commercial and financial management, Invoicing, and FM cash flow management.
- Work closely with the Retail Development Team to secure casual/MEP job
FM contract management
- Management of FM Function, vendors and supplies.
- Maintain and update management budget, equipment and materials.
- Conduct and review plant operations, emergency plans and contingencies.
- Manage expenditure against budget including cost savings measures (soft & hard services).
- Provide effective technical solution to client.
- Introduce continued improvement and optimization of Facility systems.
- Oversee Operational execution according to the Contract Documents.
- Ensure training, management and guidance to employees in accordance with contract and meeting quality standards.
- Periodic assessment on system optimization and project implementation and building utility support to ensure smooth and safe operations Support in implementation of Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) related activities and programs.
- Seek and develop relationships with key stakeholders, close interaction with Mall's GM, AGM.
- Active involvement and coordination with all stake holders ensuring statutory requirements and their fulfilment specifically for QCDD, Kahrama & MACE Consultant.
- Lead Internal operation audit and ensure 100% compliance to contract terms and conditions.
- Take initiatives for energy audit & energy optimisation.
- Self-manage large strategic accounts and work towards the development of partnerships, qualification of business opportunities, and long-term growth plans for the company
- Operation & Maintenance Tracking and Reporting Defining SLAs for the business.
- Good knowledge & implementation of latest quality standards like ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 41001, ISO 50001 and OHSAS 18001
- Adhere to company QHSE policy at all times.
Required Skills to be successful
- Strategic Business Development
- FM Consultancy and Operations
- Contract Negotiations and Contract drafting
- Service Providers Management (SLA / KPI driven Contracts)
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with key external stakeholders
- Budgeting and forecasting
What equips you for the role
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or relevant Facilities Management Qualification.
- 10+ years of experience Integrated Facility Management Business of 5+ years in Senior Leadership/ Managerial role in Mall Management.
About Al-Futtaim Engineering & Technologies
Al-Futtaim Engineering & Technologies offers customers complete engineering and systems integration solutions.
The Engineering arm operates in the UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Egypt providing a wide variety of products and services from air conditioning, scaffolding and access solutions, elevators and escalators, control and life safety, facilities management, building products, MEP, Energy Management, Technology Infrastructure and Digital Transformation.
The Technologies division provides complete business solutions to large, medium and small customers that include, contact centre solutions, business applications, business intelligence, data management, advanced analytics amongst others. The IT infrastructure portfolio comprises IP telephony, ELV systems, networking solutions, professional audio-visual solutions and managed services.
These solutions are further complemented by services that include project management, installation, testing, commissioning and after-sales maintenance contracts.
About the Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Groups continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Groups belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.