Job description / Role
Senior - Financial Accounting Advisory Services - Credit Risk, Doha
In Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) within Assurance, we assist our clients to address the accounting and financial reporting challenges facing their business. You will be part of a team that provides insight and services that accelerate analytics, decision-making and innovation to build a stronger and more efficient finance function. You will experience ongoing professional development through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored coaching.
That is how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
- In this role you will work directly with a wide range of clients across several industries to assess the impact of new accounting standards, proposed transactions or other regulatory changes.
- This will involve building and maintaining strong networks internally and externally in order to grow the pipeline of FAAS work.
- You'll report directly to Managers, Senior Managers at the planning, execution and wrap-up stages of FAAS engagements as well as coach and mentor junior team members.
- Quality of work and delivery will be a high priority, ensuring delivery in a timely fashion and in compliance with EY policies.
- It will be normal to work with other EY locations, service lines and specialists to deliver a fully integrated service offering and monitor engagement economics against key financial metrics as well as manage the appropriate internal and external stakeholders.
- You will be responsible for identifying and communicating relevant trends, developments and key performance drivers to the client, consult with appropriate resources on complex accounting issues and ensure that the FAAS work products meet the needs and expectations of clients are clear, accurate and well presented.
Skills and attributes for success
- Pro- activity, accountability and results- driven people will flourish in this environment.
- Dealing with competing priorities, understanding how to manage resources and communicating effectively are key skills.
- This will have a huge impact on those around you and help promote a positive work ethic.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Any bachelor's degree
- At least 3 years of experience working as a consultant or technical resource for a consulting firm
- Excellent knowledge and practical experience of PD, EAD, LGD Models and Risk Models1
- Experience in documentation of model validation / model review2
- Knowledge of working with Basel II / III regulatory framework5
- Advanced knowledge of Statistical Distributions and Regressions3
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel including VBA Macros4
- Strong technical skills and recognized cautious risk management ability
- Solid team working skills with the ability to work with different people from diverse backgrounds in the diverse FAAS team
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, client service and technical writing skills
- Ability and comfort level in researching client inquires and emerging issues, including regulations, industry practices and new technologies
- Flexibility and willingness to travel on short notice, as necessary
- Keen to develop technical and other attributes of assigned team members
Ideally you'll also have
- A Master's degree
- Professional qualification in the field of Risk (e.g. FRM, PRM) is preferable but not mandatory
- Expertise in Statistical Software Packages like SAS, R etc. is preferable
- Track record with a leading consulting firm
What we look for
- We are interested in entrepreneurs who have the confidence to develop and promote a brand new strategic vision both internally and externally.
- You will be business savvy with a passion for innovation as well as the motivation to create your own EY journey.
- If you have significant experience gaming technology and are passionate about improving the performance of businesses, this is the role for you.
What working at EY offers
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region