Job description / Role
Job Specific Skills:
• Proven experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software systems, applications, and related products.
• Proven experience with systems planning, security principles, and general software management best practices.
• Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
• Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
• Highly organized approach to projects.
• The individual will also mentor and provide guidance to Systems Engineers.
• Collaborate with Enterprise services staff to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
• Work with executive team members, decision makers, and stakeholders to define business requirements and systems goals, and to identify and resolve business systems issues.
• Design and deploy new applications and enhancements to existing applications, software, and operating systems.
• Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions.
• Conduct research on software and systems products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
• Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure system-related products and services.
• Evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
• Propose and create system design models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to system programmer and development teams.
• Design and perform server and security audits, system backup procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the company’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies.
The Senior Systems Engineer in the Infrastructure team ensures the stability, integrity and efficient operation of the in-house information systems that support core organizational functions. This is achieved by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all networked software and associated operating systems.
The position applies proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
• 6-8 years’ experience as a System Engineer
About the Company
With a combined 35 years within the investment management, accounting and software engineering, you can rely on us to identify the perfect candidates, with full discretion, both efficiently and seamlessly to exceed your expectations.