Job description / Role
Are you an experienced landscape architect looking for a new challenge? Then we have a fantastic opportunity in our Qatar office that could be of interest to you.
Who are we:
Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
Whether it is maximizing space in cities or making wasteland habitable, we deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes for our clients. Our people work collaboratively to create value through built and natural assets that work in harmony with their surroundings – from shopping centers in Shanghai to new rail systems in Doha and reducing air pollution in Los Angeles.
Arcadis is the leading global Design & Consultancy firm for natural and built assets. Applying our deep market sector insights and collective design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services we work in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes throughout the lifecycle of their natural and built assets. We are 27,000 people active in over 70 countries that generate €3.4 billion in revenues.
• Client focus
• We are seeking a creative, dynamic and engaging Senior Landscape Architect to strengthen our expanding team. You will have a wide range of experience in Landscape Architecture, Urban Design. Environmental, Regeneration and Infrastructure projects and be passionate and highly motivated.
• You will be responsible for managing internal and external landscape projects and providing design, leadership and project management services on a daily basis. These activities would include, but not limited to, designing and administering landscape and providing design, leadership and project management services on a daily basis. These activities would include, but not limited to, designing and administering landscape schemes, conducting technical reviews, participating in bid and project opportunities, mentoring junior members of staff, business development and much more.
• Design, detail, specify & administer landscape schemes.
• Working to defined budgets and the time constraints of projects.
• Provide a variety of technical & professional support.
• Input into various bids and project opportunities.
• Input into technical reviews and monthly project reviews as required.
• Contract administration including scheduling, cost and site supervision
• Role in projects as designer, project manager, and technical advisor.
• Site survey, appraisal, sketch design & costing of landscape schemes
• Detailed design & preparation of contract documents & specifications.
• Horticultural experience with arid planting would be an advantage,
• Liaison with clients and other internal departments.
• Attend regular team meetings & in-house training sessions.
• Manage the preparation & presentation of reports as required.
• Optimize the use of the IT hardware and software available to the Team.
• Post Graduate Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture or closely related field required, Master’s Degree in Landscape Architecture and Planning, Urban Design,
• CMLI, RLA, AILA, or equivalent or in progress of achieving Chartership/Registration.
• Experience of a wide variety of project types & work stages.
• Proven track record of successfully managing teams, projects of all sizes, and is highly regarded by peers.
• 8-10 years professional experience, ideally with 3 years in the Middle East but this is not compulsory.
• Proficiency in using: Microsoft Office, AutoCAD and Adobe CS (InDesign, PhotoShop, Illustrator, Sketch-up, Revit)
• Proficiency working in a BIM environment including Revit would be an advantage,
• Fluency in English is essential with excellent written English language skills and report writing,
• Strong relationship management skills and personally confident to effectively address and influence stakeholders
• Ability to focus on business requirements, ensuring activity is of high value
• Extensive international, industry network and experience
• Proven ability to drive efficiency through the adoption of appropriate technology and interactive ways of working;
• Customer focus with a drive to deliver exceptional customer service;
• Delivery focused individual with the ability to work in a self-sufficient manner;
What We Offer:
A dynamic and challenging opportunity with an international focus, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. A great working environment where you own your destiny and will be encouraged to forge a successful career.
About the Company
ARCADIS is the leading global natural and built asset design & consultancy firm working in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes through the application of design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. ARCADIS differentiates through its talented and passionate people and its unique combination of capabilities covering the whole asset life cycle, its deep market sector insights and its ability to integrate health & safety and sustainability into the design and delivery of solutions across the globe. We are 28,000 people that generate more than 3 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world.