Job description / Role
Engage Selection are working with a State-Owned Oil & Gas conglomerate to search for Senior Legal Counsel.
Reporting to the General Counsel, you will provide legal advice to all new business development activities including initial opportunity screening, due diligence, deal structuring, negotiation and drafting of relevant agreements, regulatory approvals, and venture set up.
• Provide technical expertise on complex legal matters, projects and legislation in regards of joint ventures, joint ventures partners, suppliers, customers, agents and contractors with whom has interest and/or entered into agreements.
• Manage engagement of external counsel where required in support of the above activities.
• Integrate legal compliance into business operations.
• Act as a business partner with a proactive role in managing business assets and maintain strong relationships with other departments and functions.
• Ensure business continuity across legal process integration within upstream, LNG DomGas and downstream.
• Mentor and develop junior team members.
• LLB mandatory, ideally you will have an LLM/LPC or JD.
• At least 10 years of post-qualification legal experience in private practice or in-house
• Experience of handling oil and gas transactions or operations in complex regulatory environments.
• Experience of dealing with the regulators/ government representatives.
• Advanced analytical skills with the ability to assimilate complex legal matters and to provide practical advice to non-lawyers.
• Effective communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively as team player with members of Legal department, as well as other stakeholders.
• Highly motivated, proactive, organized, and self-disciplined.
About the Company
Engage was formed in 2007 in response to frustrations at the level of service delivery offered by traditional large recruitment agencies working in the construction market. With a belief in providing a truly knowledgeable, precise and quality driven service, Engage strives to offer a recruitment experience to both employers and candidates that is unrivalled in the marketplace.
We provide precision staffing solutions, including contingency and executive search, within the construction and commercial marketplaces. Our enduring relationships with market leading organisations in the region and overseas means we have access to the best candidates and the best vacancies.