Job description / Role
Ooredoo is a dynamic global Telecommunications player operating in 10 countries serving more than 138 million customers. Ooredoo Qatar employs approximately 1,600 people driving Ooredoo to be the number one choice for world-class communications services in Qatar, and it is a team that you can be part of!
About the Business Unit:
The Technology Unit within Ooredoo is the backbone of the organization providing all technology services which enable Ooredoo to deliver its services to its customers across all technology platforms, 24/7/365. The Software division within Technology is responsible for technical design, platform implementation, modification and application support including new products and change requests for IT applications. The Network Software team is responsible for effective management of Fixed, Mobile, IPTV and VAS platforms and to direct the shift to converged core and cloudification, in coordination with other Technology teams to turn core platforms into apps built on white label IT infrastructure.
About the Role:
- This role is responsible for effective management, operation and maintenance of all Fixed & Mobile Core network platforms.
You should have at least
- 10 years' of work experience with minimum 4 years of experience in a similar role
- Significant and demonstrable experience in Fixed & Mobile Core Network and their associated technologies and operations
- Significant and proven expertise in Operation & Maintenance of Fixed & Mobile Core Network Platforms
- Knowledge of Core networks convergence
- Knowledge in SDN and NFV technologies
- Proven expertise in translating business requirements into operating technologies
- Cultural awareness and past experience working in Middle-East and/or in Qatar and understanding of Middle-East/Qatar market dynamics is considered a plus
- Minimum requirement is a Bachelor Degree in Telecom Engineering or equivalent. Relevant IT/telecom Certifications is preferred.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
- Resume / cv
About the Company
We are a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet, and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. As a community-focused company, we are guided by our vision of enriching peoples lives and our belief that we can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.
Formerly known as Qtel Group, we have a customer base of 92.9 million and reported revenues of USD 9.3 billion in 2012.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies