Job description / Role
We are a creative enterprise of planning, design, engineering + project management professionals. We are committed to resolve complexity and realize opportunity in the way clients and partners develop the world. With a sharp sense of purpose we take clients from inspiration - through conceptualization - to the realization of design and project delivery in the built environment.
We invite you to join us.
Our newest opportunity is for a talented Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join our award-winning team based in Doha, Qatar. This position is responsible for applying sound engineering principles in the development of design solutions and the production of contract documentation on one or several projects depending on size, type and complexity.
We envisage success in this role to include;
- Oversee the use of Autodesk Revit tools to present design and engineering solutions for all projects.
- Provide leadership in research, planning, design and development of building engineering systems, including but not limited to HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Protection, by providing guidance and instruction to the designated Level 1, 2, and 3 project engineers.
- Supervise the Level 1, 2 and 3 project engineers to perform engineering evaluations, feasibility studies, conceptual and final designs, cost estimates, and engineering calculations.
- Oversee the administration of contacts with vendors for the provision of services and equipment.
- Hold ownership of preparation and documentation of calculations, complete with support references to codes and standards, ensuring the information is scanned and located in the project folder under the correct project number for future access by a member of staff located in any of the KEO offices.
- Attend all coordination and progress meetings and present options and solutions as required.
- Conduct reviews of engineering options and evaluations to validate the robust nature of new products and design solutions.
- Provide leadership in problem solving at a project level and encourage the use of innovation.
- Ensure that the KEO QA/QC procedures are followed for the project, and work with the project team to close out all comments received from the QA/QC reviewers.
- Obtain project related approvals from the relevant local authorities.
- Mentor and oversee the development of engineers working on projects under your control.
- Work with the PMs and HOD to ensure sufficient project resources to deliver the services.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the project manager and/or HOD.
- To be successful in this dynamic opportunity, we envision that your career journey to date will include a minimum of 10 years' work experience partnered with a Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering.
- MMUP Grade A essential.
- BIM Certification required.
- MS Office Suite
- Autodesk Revit
- Carrier HAP or equivalent
- Elite Software D-Pipe program - Design and analyze drainage pipe systems.
- Elite Software S-Pipe program - Calculate optimal pipe sizes for hot and cold domestic water supply systems.
- Elite Software Fire program - Design and analysis of fire sprinkler systems.
- Elite Software GasVent program - Design Vent and Connector Sizes for Category I Gas Fired Appliances.
- Elite Software H-Sym program - Design of chilled and hot water piping systems.
KEO's performance is founded upon integrity, results, innovation, safety and our people. We embrace diversity and recognise its' contribution to client success wherever we work.
We are excited to hear how you can partner with our award-winning team and treat all expressions of interest confidentially.
About the Company
KEO is a creative enterprise, where innovation is a way of life. We are uniquely resourced with end-to-end services to take clients from inspiration – through conceptualization – to realization of planning, design or project delivery in the built and natural environments. For over 57 years we’ve led with vision, contributing to many of the world’s most ambitious projects, iconic places, remarkable experiences and prosperous communities.
As a highly integrated and agile AEP/PMCM firm, KEO is ranked by ENR in the Top 225 International Design Firms; in the Top 20 International PM/CM Firms; and by World Architecture as 50th largest global architecture firm and #1 Firm in the Middle East Region in their 2021 WAS 100 Survey.
We invite you to join us.