Job description / Role
- Concept and detailed design of District Cooling underground networks, plants and energy transfer stations.
- Leads and coordinates all activities independently of design process, including attending meetings related to design, progress and coordination with clients and all stakeholders.
- Guide, lead and coordinate the works of Engineers, CAD designers etc.
- Prepare and follow up design program/ Project schedule.
- Review design reports, design drawings, material submittals, method statements, shop drawings, hydraulic and stress analysis models –all related district cooling plants, network and energy transfer stations.
- Preparation of design reports, technical specifications and updating of technical specifications from time to time.
- Estimating cooling demand, preparing concept design, presentation, scope of work etc. for new District Cooling projects and support to Business Development.
- Preparation/ updating of Scope of Work, BoQ, specifications for RFP related to plants, network and energy transfer stations.
- Review of technical proposals from EPC contractors, manufacturers/ suppliers and preparation of evaluation reports for all procurement related to plants, network and energy transfer stations.
- Updating of hydraulic model of network piping from time to time and review requests of change of load and various scenarios.
- Solve design related issues/clashes in co-ordination with other parties involved.
- Provide technical support for district cooling network testing and commissioning, tie-in with different network package interface and DC plants.
- Ability to prepare, review, and approve Testing and Commissioning Plan, Procedures, Method Statements, Data Sheets,
- Testing Criteria, and Testing and Commissioning Reports
- Validate testing and commissioning results for district cooling discipline and prepare and review testing and commissioning guidelines for contractors and developers.
- Follow up of on ongoing & pending/due submittals, review sub-ordinates review comments, highlight differences & deficiencies.
- Prepare progress reports, quality reports in coordination with team and follow up
- Interact and communicate with clients, external and internal consultants, all internal team members and contractors to ensure smooth operation
- Site inspections when necessary, related to design, testing and commissioning along with team members to ensure work are carried in accordance to the requirements.
- Provide feedback to Design/ Engineering Manager related to design and other work related issues.
- Coordinate with Design Manager to close out issues amicably.
- Liaise with guide CAD team
- Provide ideas & suggestion for organizational development & team growth.
- Ensuring that Functional Objectives are established in line with the strategic Business plans of the Department
- Ensuring that the established objectives are met
- Monitoring the performance of all processes and personnel of the department
- Meeting departmental performance targets, monitor, and report on the same.
- Work towards profitability of the department.
- Work for the effectiveness of established Management System in the Department
- Ensuring integration of established Management System requirements into Business process
- Ensuring that the integrated management system is followed
- Promoting Management systems awareness, Risk based thinking within Department.
- To document any customer complaints and take actions to ensure that they are effectively closed as per Customer
- Complaint handling process.
- Awareness of Functional Objective, QHSE Policy, benefits of following the established Management system as well and implication if not complying with the requirements.
- Awareness of the Significant Environmental Aspects and work related Occupational Hazards
- Incident Reporting to HSE team in case of any incidents
- Engaging and supporting persons to contribute to the effectiveness and improvement of the Management systems
- A degree (B.S.) in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 12 years’ experience, which includes a minimum 6 years’ experience in GCC with major district cooling company/Infrastructures designer/EPC contractor for district cooling plant construction.
- MMUP, Qatar approved Engineer status will be added advantage. Otherwise the candidate will have to appear and pass the examination of MMUP for Engineers.
- Membership of ASHRAE, CIBSE, IDEA etc. will be added advantage.
- Good knowledge of standards and codes relevant to district cooling utilities (ASHRAE/ BS/EN/ASME/ AHRI etc.) and testing and commissioning (BSRIA/ASHRAE etc.) & familiar with authority regulations in Qatar.
- Good command over English language both oral and written.
- Excellent technical skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to manage, coordinate and direct team members.
- Good knowledge in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge in hydraulic modeling of DC network using NetSim software and AutoCAD will be an added advantage.
About the Company
Marafeq Qatar is a leading Utility Services Company, providing energy efficient and innovative sustainable solutions. Provides to Real Estate Developers a comprehensive package of Utility Management included Master Planning, Infrastructure designing, Construction Supervision and Operation, with Customer Services Support, which will give the spaces for Developers to focus on their business and be confident of Marafeq Qatar’s experienced engineers and professional technical team to carry out the complete package of utility services.
During the past 4 years Marafeq Qatar has succeeded in developing its mark in designing and developing pioneering technology to deliver energy efficient, cost effective and environment friendly utility solutions that support the growth of economy of the state of Qatar.
Marafeq Qatar Owned by Qatari Diar Company, the leading company on developing and building cities in the Middle East.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Resident Construction Engineer / Mechanical (Expat)