Job description / Role
The Senior Consultant is responsible for the care of all patients admitted under their name and for all the clinical decisions made by other doctors under their supervision.
In addition to providing high quality patient care (diagnose, treat, manage and admit patients under his name) as delineated by his clinical privileges, the Senior Consultant works closely with department chair and/or section head on management issues (such as service development, funding, budgets, and staffing), on the teaching and training of junior doctors, and on academic and research priorities.
In essence, the Senior Consultant is required to have professional clinical competence, leadership and management skills.
Research is an integral component to the Corporation's Strategic aim to become an Academic Health System. The post holder must be able to contribute on delivering on delivering an integrated strategic vision and planning for Clinical, Research, Education and training which improves the quality of patient care.
Package and Benefits
- Tax free salaries
- Cutting edge facilities and surgical suites
- Accommodation provided
- Interest free loan for a car
- Business class flights for you and the family
- Medical insurance for you and the family
- Educational assistance for up to 3 children up to the age of 18 (contingent on their being educated inside the state of Qatar)
- Indemnity insurance for your clinic
- End of service bonus (replaces NHS pension contributions you might miss)
- 50 days of bookable leave
- 10-12 days of National and Islamic Holidays
- Incremental increase on salary each year
- Generous CPD allowances
Key Skills, Qualifications and Client Requirements
Applicants MUST have more than 20 years of experience in Obstetrics post board certification from one or more of the below qualifications to be considered for the role.
- USA - The American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS)
- Canada - Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons (RCPS-C)
- UK - CCT/CESR/CCST Specialist Register
- Germany - Fachartz Specialist Certificate
- Sweden - Swedish Board
- Australia and New Zealand - Fellowship from the Royal Australia and New Zealand Colleges
- Specialist registration from other countries will be considered after an equivalence review
What Happens Next?
If you are interested in finding out more about this role please click the 'Apply' button. On submission of the job application form, an email alert is sent to the specialist consultant handling this role to register your interest.
All dialogue with us is in the strictest of confidence, without any obligation and we will NOT send your details to the relevant business without your consent.
About the Company
Our vision is to be the recruitment partner of choice for healthcare professionals worldwide.
You will benefit from the different approach we take to recruitment in the healthcare sector. You will have access to our specialist team of consultants and with their extensive industry knowledge and experience they will provide you with market leading advisory and recruitment service.
As our clients, you will have access to our talent network and with the support of our cutting edge technology we can provide candidates who will positively contribute to your businesses success and quality of care.