Job description / Role
Purpose of Job:
The primary function of the role is to support all in-country People related issues, including onboarding, reporting and employee lifecycle activities.
• Onboard new employees, coordinate visa processes with external PRO and conduct first day orientation
• Manage Medical Insurance policy enrolments and cancellations
• Act as the first point of contact and support for HR-related matters for Employees in Qatar, escalating where appropriate.
• Provide support to the wider People team on employee lifecycle issues such as grievances, terminations, performance management and compensation reviews.
• Support and arrange in-country People initiatives, including team events and activities
• Work with central People team to ensure capture of payment
• Liaise with PRO, Legal and Office Managers with regards to visa renewals, labour cards, medicals, licence renewals etc
• Work with the People and Legal team on changing local laws, ensuring the business is aware of changes in regulations in a timely manner
• Track employees’ documents and ensure all administration is kept up to date and compliant.
• Any other tasks as directed by Line Manager
• At least 2 years experience in an administrative HR role
• Fluency in English essential, with Arabic a distinct advantage
• Previous experience using Workday preferred
• Excellent communicator, experienced in stakeholder and relationship management
• Proficient user of G-Suite or MS Office package
• Demonstrated success in meeting exceptionally high standards in a high volume, fast-paced, hands-on environment.
• Arabic speaker is a plus
Benefits and Diversity
• Annual Holiday Leave
• Work visa
• Medical insurance
• Annual home flight tickets
• Free Deliveroo Plus - Free delivery and access to special offers
• Maternity & Paternity benefits
• End of year parties & regular social events
• An extremely fun team to work alongside!
About the Company
Deliveroo is an award-winning delivery service founded in 2013 by William Shu and Greg Orlowski. Deliveroo works with over 140,000 best-loved restaurants and grocery partners, as well as 150,000 riders to provide the best food delivery experience in the world.
Deliveroo is headquartered in London, with around 3,500 employees in offices around the globe.
Deliveroo operates in nearly 800 locations across 11 markets, including Australia, Belgium, France, Hong Kong, Italy, Ireland, Netherlands, Singapore, United Arab Emirates, Kuwait and the United Kingdom.