Senior Piping Engineer
Job description / Role
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
- Knows the project and discipline scope/cost/time requirements, assists the team to meet expectations, and coordinates with other disciplines to ensure project success.
- Implements innovative solutions, technology advances, and methods to effectively deal with working out of sequence.
- Supports Lead Engineer in monitoring quality activities, drives and participates in squad checking, recommends improvements, and takes action where required.
- Assist Project Team in project documentation such as proposals, estimates, budgets and schedules
- Manage piping design and any design changes within budget and schedule.
- Prepare and participate in weekly piping meetings, prepare progress reports and follow required checking procedures.
- Review and approve all related technical documents and coordinate with the Lead Engineer.
- Review and advice on layouts, site preparation, pipeline systems, etc., during technical evaluation stage of bidder's proposals to assess technical capability and ensure compliance with project specifications
- Execute verification, studies and detail design following best engineering practices and optimization in term of cost, construction simplicity, operability and maintainability, HSSE.
- Gathers data from multiple sources and prepares engineering studies, analyses, calculations.
- Determines technical issues, defines alternate solutions, establishes pros/cons for multiple solutions, and makes recommendations through official project documents such as technical queries, technical deviations, etc.
- Creates final documentation incorporating all relevant information and pursues customer approval.
- Reviews documentation to assist others and reviews/authorizes work done by direct reports.
- Evaluate new technology advancements against existing design standards and revise where applicable.
- Identify and review new technology development which could be applicable in providing more cost effective facilities.
- Perform discipline specific engineering services such as: a) Identify and report changes to project scope;
- Contribute to appropriate studies, analyses and recommend actions;
- Assist with the preparation of detailed designs and drawings,
- Specifications, data, calculations and reports;
- Provide assistance during procurement, construction and commissioning activities.
- Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance systems.
- Responsible for personal safety safe working practices. Understand and follow OH&S procedures
- Promoting health, safety and environmental awareness.
- Highly effective technical and practical engineering skills and ability to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to Worley and its customers.
- A sound knowledge of the fundamental requirements of the piping engineering, and the basic requirements of other engineering fields.
- A sound knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Competent use of piping engineering specific software.
- Competent use of relevant software such as MS Office Suite.
- Substantial technical land practical experience in piping engineering in the same or similar industry including experience in working in multi-disciplinary projects and teams.
Education - Qualifications, Accreditation, Training:
- Full-Time Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university
- MME (Ministry of Municipality and Environment) engineering accreditation is a mandatory requirement. Candidates not holding this accreditation must be willing to achieve this within the probationary period.
Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status or undertaking the same will be an advantage
- Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Power point
- 3D Review Software: Navisworks, SPR
- Maintain HSE focus with the team to ensure OHSE requirements.
- Demonstrate behaviour and business practices commensurate with a culture of world's best health, safety and environmental performance.
- Demonstrate a visible and active commitment to:
- Personal well-being;
- Healthy and safe workplaces and activities; and
- Continuously improve Worley health, safety and environmental performance.
- Identify and report work hazards and incidents.
Our goal is to develop and most importantly retain the people who share our vision and strategy. To help us achieve our vision and yours, apply now.
About the Company
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.