Job description / Role
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success. For more information, visit Worley.com
You will provide piping engineering services to Worley and its customers, including technical support and supervision within the piping engineering team.
- Deliver piping engineering services that meet Worley', its customers' and applicable statutory and regulatory specifications, on time and within budget.
- Initiate, manage and if required supervise piping engineering project requirements.
- Perform piping engineering services such as:
- participate in relevant meetings, prepare progress reports and follow required checking procedures;
- ensure the project scope is clear and that changes comply with project change management processes;
- provide assistance and advice during procurement, construction and commissioning activities. For example, write requisitions, conduct technical bid evaluations and write purchase orders.
- If required, act as the piping engineering Lead on specific projects.
- If responsible for a team:
- outline project requirements including actively promoting workshare, where appropriate, assign tasks and supervise progress; and
- ensure the required services meet Worley, its customers and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements, on time and within budget.
- Proactively resolve any discrepancies between Worley and its Customer's requirements.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest developments and technical innovations in piping engineering.
- If required, assist and support junior personnel within the piping engineering team.
- Communicate effectively with the piping engineering team and project stakeholders, including the Customer.
- Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required.
- Contribute to appropriate studies, analyses and recommend actions;
- Assist with the preparation of detailed designs and drawings,
- Specifications, data, calculations and reports;
- Provide assistance during procurement, construction and commissioning activities.
- Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance systems.
- Responsible for personal safety safe working practices. Understand and follow OH&S procedures
- Promoting health, safety and environmental awareness.
- Highly effective technical and practical engineering skills and ability to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to Worley and its customers.
- A sound knowledge of the fundamental requirements of the piping engineering, and the basic requirements of other engineering fields.
- A sound knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Competent use of piping engineering specific software.
- Competent use of relevant software such as MS Office Suite.
- Substantial technical land practical experience in piping engineering in the same or similar industry including experience in working in multi-disciplinary projects and teams.
Education - Qualifications, Accreditation, Training :
- Full-Time Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university
- MME (Ministry of Municipality and Environment) engineering accreditation is a mandatory requirement. Candidates not holding this accreditation must be willing to achieve this within the probationary period.
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status or undertaking the same will be an advantage
IT Skills :
- Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Power point
- 3D Review Software: Navisworks, SPR
HSE Capability :
- Maintain HSE focus with the team to ensure OHSE requirements.
- Demonstrate behaviour and business practices commensurate with a culture of world's best health, safety and environmental performance.
- Demonstrate a visible and active commitment to:
- Personal well-being;
- Healthy and safe workplaces and activities; and
- Continuously improve Worley health, safety and environmental performance.
- Identify and report work hazards and incidents.
What we offer you
Providing our people with an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
About the Company
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.