Job description / Role
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Senior Planning Engineer is part of the shared services team and will be providing all necessary assistance to the construction supervision team concerning all planning and scheduling issues and progress of the works. He will be responsible for the review and approval of the submitted work program by the contractor, and he will monitor the work progress during the construction and reports to the SRE / Planning Manager. He will participate and coordinate with the contractor to produce recovery work programs in case of delays, and he will participate in assessment and analysis of time-related claims.
Review, check and evaluate the Contractor’s schedule of works.
Following the review, recommend acceptance/rejection of the Contractor’s schedule to SRE for forwarding the recommendation to the Engineer (PMC) and
Client for program acceptance.
• Monitor the work progress, compare to the accepted program of work and report to the SRE.
• Coordinate with the Planning Engineers of Client / PMC and the Contractor on all scheduling issues and progress.
• Prepare weekly, monthly (or any period agreed with the Engineer (PMC / Client) reports about the status of construction progress.
• Evaluate, and forecast project progress and performance against the established accepted/amended schedule with critical milestones.
• Assess the impact(s) of design/construction changes and schedule slippages.
• Inform the SRE/Planning Manager (to inform PMC / Client) of any potential delays in the project completion or the milestones.
• Analyze, assess and participate in discussions about any suggested recovery program by the Contractor to mitigate any delays.
• Participate in the assessment and analysis of time-related claims by the contractor.
• Review and approve / comments on the procurement schedule as submitted by the Contractor and ensure the procurement schedule comply and are coordinated with current construction schedules.
• Monitor the project controls KPI and construction commodities.
• Review, analyse and comment on the updated schedules against the approved based line and key dates.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction or related field and fifteen (15) years demonstrable experience in all aspects of civil supervision on major road, highway and general infrastructure projects preferably in the Gulf region.
• Certification in planning and scheduling of projects and in using Primavera applications (Primavera Project Management / P6 and Primavera Contract Management I Expedition) and cost engineering with minimum ten years’ experience, three of which should be in a similar role with engineering consultancy or project management consultancy.
• At least ten (10) years project management experience in planning, scheduling and cost engineering, including at least five (5) years using Primavera Project Management, Primavera Contract Management (Expedition) and evidenced familiarity and use over the past 12 months using the latest Primavera published edition P6.
• Extensive knowledge and experience in project planning, budgeting, cost phasing and control from the project initiation to close out phases, utilizing computer-based systems (Primavera Project Management 'P6' and Primavera Contract Management 'Expedition'), within the framework' of an integrated project services function for the effective management of a wide range of concurrent projects, to meet the business plan objectives.
• Completed at least one project in the same role that is comparable in complexity and size to the projects being tendered.
• Familiarity with the techniques for schedule impact analysis.
• Preferable have minimum three years’ experience in the Gulf region.
• Preferably fully conversant with the standard forms of Contracts used in PWA projects.
• Must have a sound knowledge of contractual relationships.
• Must be fully computer literate and able to utilize computer technology to access data, maintain records, generate reports, etc. and any project specific engineering and construction relevant software.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.