Job description / Role
- Preparation of daily, weekly and monthly reports,
- Understanding the scope of work, contract requirements, construction methodology and logistic requirements to model a comprehensive and robust baseline programme,
- Detailed cost and resource loading of the baseline programme by using company standard productivity norms,
- Preparing KPI’s for key trades and updating on a weekly basis and monitoring allocation of labor to meet the targets. Highlight any slippages from the weekly targets and report the issues to Project Manager.
- Provide Critical Path and Near Critical Path analysis on a weekly basis to highlight issues to the Project Manager and propose plan of corrective actions.
- Prepare and monitor trackers and schedules for Design and Procurement and communicate effectively with department heads.
- Monitor subcontractor’s performance in accordance with the contract programme and prepare trackers to manage interface between the subcontractors.
- Work in close coordination with the Commercial team and provide assistance for cost/value reconciliation. Provide labor, material and equipment forecast distribution.
- Prepare detailed standalone/micro programmes to manage any critical focus areas or installation.
- Establish a delay event register to capture any delays impacting the progress of works and provide timely notifications as prescribed by the contract.
- Perform delay analysis in-line with the contract requirement and the nature of the case and submit interim particulars in accordance with the requirements of the contract.
- Review subcontractor’s claims and prepare counter claims.
- Coordinate and communicate with consultants and client representatives to manage the planning processes efficiently to the satisfaction of the stakeholders and the contract.
- Being a client face representative and attending critical meetings with the Consultants, Employer and Subcontractors.
- Based in Doha
- BSc. Degree in Civil Engineering,
- MSc. In Construction Project Management is an advantage,
- AACE-PSP or PMI-SP Certification is an advantage,
- Minimum 10 years of Planning experience in Construction of Building, Engineering and Plant Projects,
- Good understanding in construction methodology, sequence and systems.
- Good understanding on processes of Design, Procurement, Engineering, Construction, Testing & Commissioning and their interrelations.
- Full understanding on Statutory Authorities and Approval Processes (Municipality, Lusail, MOI, QCDD, Ooredoo, ASHGHAL, MME, MOT and etc.)
- Aware of administration of various International Forms of Contracts, proficient in FIDIC Red Book 1987 and 1999.
- Hands-on experience in preparation of Extension of Time Claims by using Time Impact Analysis and Windows Analysis (Time-Slice) methods.
- Proficient in use of Primavera with all functions.
- Expert in MS Excel.
- Great communication skills to push, interact with relevant departments and consolidate information.
- Ability to work systematically, good record keeping, attention to detail.
- Proactive and Result Oriented.
About the Company
Ignite is a specialist Construction and Property Recruitment Consultancy. We are experts in the Middle East and Asia markets which we service from our offices in the UAE and UK.
Our consultants operate in a niche market making them experts in their sector. This allows us to offer our clients and candidates expert market knowledge whilst building long term relationships.
We pride ourselves on recruiting Construction and Property staff of all levels and disciplines. We offer the same high quality service whether you are recruiting or seeking work from Engineer through to Company Director level.