Job description / Role
- Responsible for overseeing EPC Utilities process design and delivery of aspects of detailed design, equipment, technical and execution definition, including planning for detailed design, procurement, installation, testing and commissioning.
- Ensures technical requirements (e.g. project specifications, data sheets, etc.) developed during FEED fully comply with project deliverables and through effective collaborations and interfaces ensures process design considers the full production life cycle.
Key Job Accountabilities (Max 10, each unique, exclude generic)
- Provides Process engineering knowledge, design, quality assurance, leadership and expertise while supervising and administering Utilities design in accordance with project deliverables and approved execution schedule.
- Directs the preparation and stewardship of Process engineering scope of work in EPC contract, advices and recommends design procedures, processes deliverables and alternative studies, as required, to optimize project cost and schedule.
- Maintains close liaison with members of Engineering Team and alignment with the Engineering Manager on project engineering needs, objectives, and requirements.
- Accountable for ensuring execution of work is technically aligned and in compliance with Client Operations, Policies, Standards of Business Conduct and Client Project Management System.
- Manages EPC Contractor's Utilities engineering activities including validation of personnel numbers, qualifications and experience; usage of appropriate design tools, including computer hardware and software; adherence with all project objectives, requirements, specifications, standards, procedures, execution plans and design verification processes.
- Assesses and validates EPC Contractor capability in providing all contract documents, progress measurement and reporting and recommends additional technical support to address gaps.
- Manages the technical attachments and scope descriptions to all fabrication and construction contracts and the timely delivery to all purchase orders.
- Leads the Masters Data Register (MDR) including creation and approval and owns the planning and scheduling of the Process deliverables to enable efficient project execution.
- Responsible for the Utilities engineering schedule and related milestones, provides data (narrative, charts, graphs, change management recommendations and recovery plans to address any schedule delays) for monthly progress and stewardship reporting.
- Accountable for knowledge of and sharing previous lessons learned, capturing and communicating current lessons learned to support review teams and future projects.
- Bachelor Degree in Chemical Engineering or Equivalent
Knowledge and/or Experience
- 15 years' experience as a senior Process Engineering knowledge of Detailed Engineering execution including design standards, specifications, codes, safety criteria, onshore facilities design, construction and operations.
- At least 5 years design experience with large utilities systems (steam, bfw, cooling towers, desalination, fuel gas, nitrogen, air, flare)
- EPC detailed design experience with large utilities systems in O&G facilities
- Commissioning and Start-up experience highly desirable
Technical and Business Skills
- Excellent written and oral English skills.
- Strong organisational, planning and coordination skills.
- Strong technical, prioritisation and management skills.
- Good communication, influencing and interface skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs, Lotus Notes, etc.
About the Company
LA Recruitment Ltd and it's associated companies (LA Recruitment WLL, LA Recruitment USA Inc and LA Recruitment & Management Services Ltd) have been leading the way in delivering experienced, qualified direct hire and contract personnel to the Oil & Gas and Construction industries for 30 years.
We are involved in the placement of Engineering, Commercial, Project Support, Marine and Technical personnel.
With our Head Office based in Aberdeen, UK and additional offices in Qatar, Houston and Malaysia, we offer support to many of the world's leading Oil & Gas, LNG and Construction companies.