Job description / Role
Job Summary and Purpose
This is a Senior Production Engineer Industrial officer job, responsible for overseeing electrical automation assignments within projects' execution that include designs, consultancy, systems, production, specifications and schedules, all work is executed to a high quality & auditable standard that is consistent with the companies integrated management systems and policies. As a senior officer tradesman, a higher level of trade skill and experience is demanded and is expected to be demonstrably applied to technical problems and mentoring of trades employees.
• Evaluate requirements through reviewing designs, schematics, drawings, diagrams, and any other technical submissions and inspect jobs at site to establish specifications.
• Apply general engineering principles and sound judgment to ensure work process, systems, and outputs such as services and products comply with the codes and standards.
• Develop work plans from conceptual design through detailed design packages including systems' designs, production, specifications, and schedules.
• Monitor and inspect works' progress to ensure they comply with the approved drawings and specifications.
• Conduct periodic assessment of work against engineering specifications and recommend the appropriate corrective actions.
• Interface with clients on work progress and completion against requirements.
• Apply skills, knowledge, and ability to ensure designs, systems and process enable target production throughput rate to be safely achievable in line with Section Plan, KPIs, N-KOM Values and IMS system.
• Foster an engaging culture of safe and productive work through role modelling values. Build and maintain a stimulating and challenging environment by taking a professional approach to interactions, using effective communications, and providing coaching and encouragement to others to help them achieve their maximum level of performance. Carries out the responsibility for safety and health According to the company’s safety rules and regulations.
• Ensure completion of the project within the agreed timeframe and man-hours allocated.
• Match manpower capacity to base demand profile for the work. Monitor forecast against actual to ensure meeting customer requirement while salvage alternative cost-effective solutions.
• Ensure the employees and contractors identify and mitigate the hazards and risks with control measures through preparation of fit for purpose work Permits & Risk Assessments and monitoring execution activities.
• Conduct briefing to the section and ensure execution in compliance with all safety and quality aspects of IMS, policies, procedures, and work instructions.
• Incorporate quality design principles and analyze and solve manufacturing discrepancies, while interfacing with the quality team.
• Knowledge in AC and DC motors and Alternators overhauling.
• Studies repair requirements defined in the Reference Sheets, inspects jobs at site and clarifies requirements with the Project Manager or Ship Officers.
• Assists the Project Manager in preparing the Work Plan. Plans the manpower required for the jobs in accordance with the budgeted man-hours provided by the Project Managers.
• Raises or approves Issue Passes for materials and equipment required for the jobs. Ensures Work Orders are timely requested and submitted by various sections.
• Monitors and approves the work of sub-contractors.
• Reports work progress daily to the Section Manager/ ASM or the Project Manager.
• Ensures work permits are applied for all jobs required.
• Supervise subordinates and ensure they have the appropriate skills to carry out required tasks.
• Ensures work done meets the requirement of Superintendent or Ship Officer/Engineer.
• Performs any other assigned duties and responsibilities.
Key Result Areas:
• To ensure target production throughput rate or objectives are safely executed by team in line with Section Plan, KPI’s, N-KOM Values and IMS system.
• Adhere to health, safety, security and environmental policies, procedures, instructions, and controls for the safety of self and others.
Interactions and Working Relations
• Section Management, Supervision, and Industrial Workers.
• All Operations Sections in NKOM
• Operations - Project Managers
• To integrate and operationalize the Project
• Engineering and Project Management plans into Production Engineering plans, and as relevant for either Execution, Quality, Safety or Maintenance
Qualifications, Experience and Job Skills
• A Degree in Naval Architecture, Marine Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Certificate of Competency (Marine Engineer Officer) Class 1 (Motor ship), or its equivalent.
• Experience in diagnosing, evaluating, developing, designing, and monitoring, electrical and instrumentation interfaces work deliverables within engineering standards and tolerances.
• Experience in installing, repairing, and troubleshooting technical and electrical control interfaces such as industrial digital computers like programmable logic controller (PLC).
• Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in the industry.
Job Specific Competencies:
• Commitment to NKOM Core Values.
• Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Verbal and written communication skills.
• Computer literacy- Microsoft Excel, Word, Power point.
• Leadership skills.
• Interpersonal skills.
• Performance appraisal skills.
• Presentation skills.
• Project management skills
• Knowledge of shipyard operations.
• Practical & Theoretical Knowledge in AC and DC Voltages
• Knowledge in Marine Fittings and Installation.
• Knowledge in Electrical, Instrumentation systems, machines, and troubleshooting
• Provide onboard tools, materials, and consumables to perform safe and professional job
• Preparation and Assignment of PTW system and conduct Take 5
• Knowledge in Onboard Safety Aspects with work procedures
• Knowledge in marine/ offshore & Industrial Fitting and Installation
• Knowledge in repair & new build offshore and onshore accommodation modules and updated Marine/ Offshore standards
• Knowledge in documentation, KPI, IMS, Section Activities & Procedures
• Knowledge in installation, calibration and troubleshooting for pressure, temperature flow devices and circuit breakers
• Knowledge in analyze the PID, Electrical & Pneumatic drawings.
• Knowledge in Cable Laying.
• Knowledge in HVAC system installation, maintenance, repair, and Duct modification.
• Knowledge in Duct Installation, repair, and modification
• Knowledge in Split type and Window type AC troubleshooting
• Knowledge in AC pressure checking, vacuuming and refrigerant charging
• Knowledge in cable sizing for power, control, and instruments cables
• Knowledge in Effect of EMC against electronic sensitive equipment.
• Knowledge in various types of insulation works
• Knowledge of marine communication/ navigational equipment's and their installation
• Knowledge in overhauling of motors and alternators
• Knowledge in Testing, disassembling, and assembling of motors and alternators
• Knowledge in bearings
• Knowledge in Dynamic Balancing
• Knowledge in installation and repair of tubing
• Knowledge in Alignment & Couplings
• Knowledge in Dial Gauges, Laser Alignment, and alignment calculations
About the Company
N-KOM is one of Middle East's leading shipyards, offering a comprehensive range of marine services as well as solutions for the oil and gas industry.
Strategically located at the heart of oil and gas activities in the Arabian Gulf, Nakilat-Keppel Offshore & Marine (N-KOM) combines a wealth of experience and expertise from its parent companies Qatar Gas Transport Company (Nakilat) and Keppel Offshore & Marine (KOM), to provide repair, conversion and construction services for marine vessels, offshore and onshore structures.
Spanning over 50 hectares, the comprehensive facility is equipped with two graving docks and a floating dock that can easily accommodate VLCCs, quays and piers offering a total berthage capacity of 3,150m, a range of workshops ideally situated in front of the drydocks, more than 500,000sqm of fabrication area and sub-contractor facilities on-site, thus enhancing the shipyard's flexibility and capabilities.
With a team of experienced industry professionals, extensive infrastructure and track record of safe, quality and timely project executions, N-KOM has rapidly established itself as the preferred shipyard in the Middle East.