Job description / Role
We are currently looking for a Senior Project Manager – Infrastructure and Marine with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in the management of large scale infrastructure projects. This project is a mixed-use development with a vision to be an exciting destination for residents and visitors alike in alignment with the economic development and tourism strategy for Qatar. Phase 1 comprises residential, hospitality and retail components and includes all marine, utilities infrastructure, roads, bridges, landscaping and public realm. As the Construction phase lead you will be responsible for all aspects of the delivery of major works packages (either marine works or infrastructure works).
As the Construction phase lead you are required to provide the interface between project ownership and delivery. You are required to act as the single focal point of contact between the Client, consultants and the Construction Contractor(s), ensuring the desired project objectives are delivered. You must have adequate knowledge and information about the business and the project in order to make informed value-add decisions for both the Client and the Company.
Further, you are expected to conduct yourself in line with the core values of the business and lead by example in maintaining the Faithful+Gould culture:
• Integrity; we act with honesty and integrity in everything we do
• Client service; we are dedicated to creating value and delivering service excellence
• Teamwork; we work together to achieve common goals
• Innovation; we strive to deliver innovative solutions
• Commitment; our people are our strength and we value the Faithful+Gould family and community
This position requires professional ability and inherent motivation. You have the skills required to direct meetings, introduce discussion to encourage thinking on the wider commercial context and be responsible for the tasks assigned to members of your project team. This is a hands-on role. You are willing and able to perform duties diligently to the quality standards set by the Company and conform to the Company’s policies and business systems and be committed to their implementation and continuous improvement at all times.
You will operate within the constraints of the particular contract for which you have been appointed. You will have financial delegations for the Company in accordance with the financial authorities established by the Company, and as amended from time to time.
Skills and Attributes:
You are expected to:
• Apply quality management principles and processes
• Apply risk assessment and management principles and processes
• Network effectively, negotiate well and influence people, broker relationships with stakeholders within and outside the project
• Be aware of the broader environmental, social and economic perspectives and how they may affect the project
• Support and provide leadership to your project team.
You will be responsible for at least the following areas and duties in your role:
• Manage and coordinate the inputs of project stakeholders to ensure the successful delivery of the project
• Coordinate the building services design and execution between Engineering, Architectural and Civil/Structural disciplines;
• Initiating and managing building services designs to meet budget;
• Apply quality management principles and processes;
• Apply risk assessment and management principles and processes;
• Providing strategic planning advice in relation to the requirements for phasing of infrastructure works, the sequence of works and the necessary authority approval processes;
• Manage the Design and Quantity Surveying teams to prepare the appropriate tender documentation for building services and infrastructure trade contracts;
• Providing technical input for offer requests and the awarding of infrastructure subcontracts;
• In conjunction with the Project Director and other Senior Project Managers, manage the tender assessment, negotiation and award of infrastructure contracts;
• Manage and resolve site planning and coordination issues;
• Manage technical coordination meetings with subcontractors and project staff;
• Manage the building services site works in accordance with the approved Master Programme;
• Manage the implementation of site based approval protocols to ensure that the infrastructure is completed in accordance with the design, specification and quality requirements;
The minimum requirements for this position are:
• Bachelor’s degree Civil Engineering in a building services discipline
• 10 years post qualification experience in Project Management
• Minimum last 5 years as a Senior PM (Marine or Infrastructure background)
• Must have worked on Infrastructure and/or large retail projects as a PM from inception to completion.
• Project Management experience with a leading PMC
• Contract administration experience is necessary
• Middle East experience required, preferably including Qatar
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).