Job description / Role
Assist with the project management of the Construction and Commission phases of a major Jet A1 storage and distribution system at an International Middle East airport
Due to visa restriction the position is open to UK nationals.
Supply Technical advice to the Construction Management team throughout the construction and commissioning phases of the Jet A1 systems and the associated infrastructure. This would require liaising with the Main Contractor, the Client and PMCM by ensuring the design intent is reflected in the construction and commissioning phases, typically by reviewing shop build drawings and documentation for compliance with relevant standards, basis of design and design intent.
The Senior Construction Project Manager is responsible for leading teams to deliver project(s) that span across one or more business units. Manage resources, schedules, financials and adhere to stage gate quality and SDLC control guidelines throughout the full systems development life cycle. This also includes management of issues, risks and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery. Contribute to process improvement initiatives as it relates to improving project delivery.
The Senior Construction Project Manager has the authority to run the project on a day-to-day basis. Verify that the project produces the required deliverables of quality, within the specified constraints of time and cost and to achieve the potential benefits defined in the business case.
What You have to Offer:
• Manage a portfolio of complex initiatives that span one or multiple lines of a construction project
• Develop and manage all aspects of project and program engagement from planning, external vendor relationships, communications, resources, budget, change, risks and issues
• Set and continually manage project and program expectations while delegating and managing deliverable with team members and stakeholders
• Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel
• Monitor, track and control outcomes to resolve issues, conflicts, dependencies and critical path deliverables
• Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations to various audiences, including project team, sponsors, CIO and key stakeholders
• Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project and program team, analyse results and troubleshoot problem areas
• Define success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project and program life cycle
• Identify and develop trusted adviser relationship with project and program stakeholders, sponsors and university stakeholders
• Deliver appropriate and effective executive level communication
• Ensure that projects and programs are proceeding according to scope, schedule, budget and quality standards
• Manage project and program issues and risks to mitigate impact to baseline
• Extensive understanding of project and program management principles, methods and techniques
• Proven success in providing on site leadership for project team by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones
• Full project life cycle ownership: successful project delivery will include full implementation from initiation to deployment for one major or several minor initiatives simultaneously
• Manage all aspects of multiple related projects to ensure the overall program is aligned to and directly supports the achievement of strategic objectives
• Report on project success criteria results, metrics, test and deployment management activities
• Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence
• Review and approve estimates and detailed project plan for all phases of the project
• Manage the day-to-day project activities and resources and chairs the project management team meetings
• Provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverable, dependencies, risks and issues, communicating across leadership into main stakeholders
• Demonstrate a functional acumen to support how solutions will address client goals while maintaining alignment with industry best practices
• Manage project scope and changes
• Support formal/informal schedules to manage the engagement contract
• Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field of study
• Minimum 10 years of project management experience, including tracking and planning projects
• Minimum 10 years of experience working with business stakeholders within a cross-functional matrix environment
• 5+ years of previous experience gathering requirements from the client/business and documentation
• 5+ years of experience with full project lifecycle with understanding of development lifecycle and various technology methodologies that support that lifecycle
• Intermediate level of proficiency with Primavera and MS Office with experience of presenting to stakeholders
• Proven ability to demonstrate a drive for results and accountability of business needs
• Proven ability to work in an ambiguous environment and collaborate across multiple areas in order to achieve a common business objective
• Interpersonal skills to influence and spur change, facilitate and enhance performance within a cross - functional environment
• Demonstrate decisiveness in resolving business problems, making decisions and identifying priorities
About the Company
QS Quest Ltd - Your Middle East Recruitment Partner
QS Quest Ltd are a niche Recruitment Consultancy specialising in the placement of Construction & Engineering professionals into the Middle East. We deliver end to end recruitment for both client and candidate, with the ability to identify key Construction & Engineering professionals from all nationalities.
With a detailed knowledge of the local Middle East market, we have a proven track record of sourcing and delivering key staff for some of the regions most recognised Construction & Engineering projects.
Geographical areas covered are: Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE, Kuwait, Oman. Bahrain and Iran.
Senior Project Manager
Qatar Project Management (QPM)
Project Manager - High Rise Construction
|Abu Dhabi||3 Apr|
Qatar Project Management (QPM)
Chartered Project Manager