Job description / Role
Pre Contract Cost Manager/Senior Quantity Surveyor (PQS)
QR43-48k Tax Free per month
Digby Morris’ client is a construction and project management consultancy founded 80yrs ago. It has subsequently grown to a network of 90 offices in 40 countries serving clients across the property, infrastructure and natural resources sectors. With a staff compliment in excess of 100 professional staff in Doha, the company is working in a pivotal role in the delivery of a high value government project comprised predominantly of highways with associated infrastructure and buildings works.
The business’ Qatar operation continues to grow as a consequence of successful acquisition of projects in the country and as a result they have identified the need for a Snr Quantity Surveyor with strong pre contract/cost planning experience.
The position is not specific to one project however a recent major project award of a development of ‘mega’ high rise towers will certainly constitute the bulk of the employees initial workload. The scheme involved the delivery of a number of high rise buildings including an 80 storey sky scraper in conjunction with one of the world’s most highly regarded architects.
The role is head office based but with considerable client interface acting as deputy to head of Property & Real Estate Cost Management
- The company provides a highly competitive all inclusive tax free package in the region of QR43-48k per month which includes basic salary as well as allowances for housing, transport etc. Medical and flights are provided in addition.
- 30 days calendar leave per annum
- Project experience: Hotels, Fit out, commercial offices, with a focus on a prestige high rise tower office & fit out project
- Grade: Senior QS / Managing QS / Lead QS
- Western educated to degree level with BSc Hons Quantity Surveying / Commercial Management
- MRICS (preferred but not essential)
- Experience working for top tier PQS firm. Some contractor experience is fine if tier 1, but will need to be capable of producing cost plans etc that would be delivered by a PQS firm
- Experience managing a small team.
- Significant pre-contract experience is essential
- Whilst the role is not in a client office so isn't strictly client facing, the suitable candidate will need experience working for a high level / demanding client.
- Prior middle east experience isn't required
- Ideally the person will be able to mobilise within 1 month.
About the Company
Digby Morris one of the first choice recruitment consultancies operating within the property and construction industry. Offering expertise in executive search & selection, contingency recruitment, interim management and contract placements as well as a comprehensive range of specialist consulting services, we understand that every clients requirement is different and tailor each project to our clients\\' needs.
We specialise solely in the placement of property and construction professionals from graduates to senior managers, partners and main board directors. To date our clients have included:
- Private Practices
- Leisure Operators
- Financial Institutions
- House Builders
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies