Job description / Role
• Provide overall Office Management and Executive support to Chief Major, Project Officer and Major Projects Group with highest level of quality, reliability, confidentiality and efficiency.
• Perform executive level administrative support and secretarial functions to the office of Chief Major Projects Officer (CMPO) ensuring effective maintenance of calendar and schedule at all times.
• Handle with utmost level of confidentiality all the Major Projects critical, sensitive internal and external related documents e.g. tenders, contracts, agreements, memorandums, letters etc. involving shareholders, stakeholders and Government entities etc.
• Maintain records, paper files and/or electronic systems including databases, ensuring correct information is available upon request.
• Maintain a proper and adequate filing system in respect to confidential files and records, ensuring information management and security provisions are considered.
• Produce documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations as required. Facilitate and organise tele and video conference meetings with PMT offices worldwide, ensuring CMPO is well prepared.
• Prepare and provide briefing materials such as external company profiles, talking points etc. as required for any CMPO and CEO joint meetings.
• Manage, schedule and arrange CMPO's local and overseas appointments, visits, meetings, conferences, company/group events including travel, accommodation and venue bookings as required, ensuring all activities are coordinated and executed.
• Prepare full itinerary and necessary documents for CMPO to ensure flawless execution of duties.
• Proactively organise and expedite workflow through CMPO's office initiating follow-up action during CMPO's absence.
• Whilst out of the office, ensure CMPO is briefed and updated on all important information, issues and concerns needing immediate attention.
• Efficiently respond to all CMPO and PMT requirements and action items coping with time differences, work schedules and non-routine working hours to deliver on time.
• Communicate directives, information and other requirements to and from CMPO direct reports, other department managers, secretaries and employees following up on status as necessary.
• Coordinate with Major Projects PMT offices worldwide, being fully engaged with all activities, developing strong Project knowledge including function,
• objective,value etc., familiarise and understand project controls, codes and terminologies to ensure project status and progress updates are known to provide immediate response to CMPO when required.
• Provide administrative support to Major Projects Department Managers during the absence of Department Secretary or as necessary.
• Assist and support CMPO's delegate and provide support to CEO's office when required.
• Handle incoming correspondence within CMPO office; screen, read, route and distribute as required.
• Filter emails and where possible and when required, respond or draft responses for review by CMPO.
• Maintain the supply inventory, including placing orders, arranging delivery, dispensing supplies and handling any relevant invoices and receipts.
• Establish and maintain good relationships with Company Shareholders, internal and external stakeholders and customers always ensuring a positive, professional approach.
• 10 years work experience with a recognized organization and a minimum of 3 years at senior or Executive Secretarial level.
• Good command of written and spoken English.
• Advanced keyboard and Computer Skills.
• Ability to prepare good standard reports in the English language.
• Sound communication, planning and organizational skills.
• Secretarial Diploma or equivalent.
About the Company
Qatargas is a unique global energy operator in terms of size, service and reliability. The Company operates 14 Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) trains with a total annual production capacity of 77 million tonnes. This makes Qatargas the largest LNG producer in the world.
Established in 1984, Qatargas develops, produces, and markets hydrocarbons from the world’s largest non-associated natural gas field. In addition to producing LNG, Qatargas is also a leading exporter of natural gas, helium, condensate and associated products.
Today, Qatargas continues to set the benchmark in the LNG industry as it safely and reliably supplies energy to customers all over the world.