Job description / Role
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
- Participate in project execution strategy and planning.
- Knows the project and discipline scope/cost/time requirements, ensures the team to meets the expectations, and liaises with other disciplines to ensure project success.
- Encourages innovative solutions, technology advances, and methods to effectively deal with working out of sequence.
- Supports management of project change and progressing for the discipline and works with the Project Management Team to take corrective actions regarding any issues, staffing requirements, scope changes, progressing, or other events that could affect project completion and/or profitability.
- Plans discipline quality, monitors quality activities, drives squad checking, recommends improvements, and takes action where required.
- Collaborates with project team in review of project documentation such as proposals, estimates, budgets and schedules
- Leads weekly Civil Structural meetings, reviews progress reports and required checking procedures.
- Initiate, manage and supervise engineering assignments on projects that meet project requirements on time and within budget.
- Organise and manage all aspects of the workload of a team of Civil Structural discipline engineers and designers, within the parameters of a project schedule.
- Understands and applies the Project Execution Plan (PEP) requirements - make-up and application (including the Engineering Plan).
- Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance systems.
- Work with project managers/project engineers to ensure all projects are set up and executed in full compliance with all the requirements of the Worley Project Management Process (WPMP) and General Management System (EMS) using consistent approaches, Work Breakdown Structures, work methodologies and reporting systems
- Monitors the closure of all identified risks and opportunities.
- Responsible for personal safety safe working practices. Understand and follow OH&S procedures
- Promoting health, safety and environmental awareness.
What you will bring
Technical and Industry Experience
- Highly effective technical and practical engineering skills and ability to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to Worley and its customers.
- A sound knowledge of the fundamental requirements of the structural engineering, and the basic requirements of other engineering fields.
- A sound knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Competent use of structural engineering specific software.
- Competent use of relevant software such as MS Office Suite.
- Substantial technical land practical experience in structural engineering in the same or similar industry including experience in working in multi-disciplinary projects and teams.
Education â?" Qualifications, Accreditation, Training
- A recognised and relevant engineering degree.
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status.
- Relevant postgraduate qualifications in engineering, management, project management or supervisory qualifications or equivalent.
Our goal is to develop and most importantly retain the people who share our vision and strategy. To help us achieve our vision and yours, apply now.
About the Company
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.