Job description / Role
• Support major business functions and provides detailed and in depth specialized IT/Telecommunication technical expertise.
• Key role in project delivery.
• Works under general direction within a clear framework of accountability, exercises substantial personal responsibility and plans own work to meet assigned objectives and KPIs.
Job Context & Major Challenge(s)
• The operation and control of the Telecommunication services either on-premises or provisioned as cloud services that is required to deliver and support the Telecommunication systems needs of a business.
• Preparation for new or changed services, operation of the change process.
• Maintenance of regulatory, legal, security and professional standards.
• The application of Telecommunication infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment and monitoring of infrastructure components.
• Timely resolution of any issues and ensuring operational and project KPIs are met
Key Job Accountabilities
• Carries out the full range of defined tasks associated with operating and controlling the installed (or virtual) Telecommunication system hardware and software.
• This may involve the use of multiple Telecommunication hardware and software platforms, and both local and wide area networks.
• Provides technical expertise to enable the correct application of operational procedures.
• Provides instruction to less experienced colleagues in all aspects of current and correct operational practice.
• Configures tools to automate the provisioning, testing and deployment of new and changed Telecommunication system infrastructure.
• Contributes to the planning and implementation of Telecommunication system installation and maintenance work associated with the installation as a whole, including building and configuring infrastructure components in virtualised environments.
• Implements agreed infrastructure changes and maintenance routines, utilising the appropriate tools and test equipment.
• Ensures that procedures are followed, including those relating to safety and security.
• Assists in producing outline Telecommunication system designs and specifications covering objectives, scope, features, facilities, management, reliability, resilience, security, constraints (such as performance, resources and cost), hardware, network and software environments, main system functions and information flows, traffic volumes, data load and implementation strategies, phasing of development, requirements not met, and alternatives considered.
• Takes responsibility for all stages of the life cycle for Telecommunication software/hardware and transmission media development of relatively simple communication systems, including investigation, analysis, specification, design, construction, testing, maintenance, upgrade and migration.
• Assists with more complex systems.
• Defines, documents and safely executes small-scale projects, or sub-projects, actively participating in all phases of the project.
• Identifies, assesses and manages risks and issues which might impact on the success of the project.
• Prioritizes and diagnoses incidents according to agreed procedures.
• Investigates causes of incidents and seeks resolution.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Information Technology, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Information Systems or other relevant discipline
Knowledge and/or Experience
• 6 years’ of IT experience (ideally within Oil & Gas industry)
• Competent knowledge in core skill applications, tools, and techniques
• Conversant with relevant IT national and international standards
• Demonstrated experience in project management
• Demonstrated experience in IT support environment
Technical and Business Skills
• Excellent written and spoken English.
• Strong project management skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills. Strong analytical problem-solving skills.
• Specialized technical expertise and broader IT knowledge.
• Compliance to risk, security and continuity management principles
About the Company
Qatargas is a unique global energy operator in terms of size, service and reliability. The Company operates 14 Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) trains with a total annual production capacity of 77 million tonnes. This makes Qatargas the largest LNG producer in the world.
Established in 1984, Qatargas develops, produces, and markets hydrocarbons from the world’s largest non-associated natural gas field. In addition to producing LNG, Qatargas is also a leading exporter of natural gas, helium, condensate and associated products.
Today, Qatargas continues to set the benchmark in the LNG industry as it safely and reliably supplies energy to customers all over the world.