Job description / Role
About the Role:
Structural engineers oversee the completion of construction projects and ensure structures are durable and safe.
A typical week would include:
* Design structures, such as buildings or bridges
* Create structural models by using computer-aided design software
* Measure loads and pressures caused by environmental or human influence
* Follow construction safety guidelines
* Choose appropriate materials based on structural specifications
* Monitor on-site construction processes and supervise construction workers
* Prepare and allocate budgets
* Track and report on project progress
* Collaborate with contractors and project managers
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* 10 years experience as a Structural Engineer
* Excellent knowledge of construction methods and regulations
* Hands-on experience with AutoCAD
* Data-driven mindset
* Attention to detail
* Degree in Structural Engineering; a Master's degree is a plus
* Member of the Institute of Structural Engineering
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognize the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.