Job description / Role
Information and Data are some of the most important organizational assets in today's businesses. As a Security Consultant, you will be a key advisor for IBM's clients, analyzing business requirements to design and implement the best security solutions for their needs. You will apply your technical skills to find the balance between enabling and securing the client's organization with the cognitive solutions that are making IBM the fastest growing enterprise security business in the world.
Your Role and Responsibilities
• Act as an escalation point for incident response coordination of escalated incidents from managed services team
• Manage SOAR platform, integration with customer's technologies.
• Manage and own the response procedures and playbooks
• Oversee the activities of managed service, ensuring that activities of the managed services are performed in according to defined scope, and security best practices.
• Provide information and tactical guidance during incidents
• Evaluate existing technical capabilities and systems and identify opportunities for improvement
• Review daily cyber threat intelligence reports and feeds to identify latest and emerging threats
• Utilize Kill Chain, and MITRE ATT&CK methodologies to identify where in the security apparatus to design customized detection mechanisms
• Regularly review and update standard operating procedures and processes to ensure SOC continues to effectively meet operational requirements
• Evaluate existing technical capabilities and systems and identify opportunities for improvement Requirements
• Manage and deliver reports, dashboards, metrics, SLAs/SLOs, KPI's for managed services (operational, efficiency, and executive reporting)
• Provide technical root cause analysis whenever applicable
• Close, consult or escalate the security incident to customer's response groups
• Provide support to forensic analysis activities as required
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Able to work both independently and as part of a fast-paced team
• Strong communication skills
• Strong client-focus and high-level customer service expertise
• Demonstrate depth of operational service delivery management expertise
• Solid SOC technologies background and technology exposure including SIEM, SOAR, log management, log analysis, and incident response.
• Strong Analytical and Problem Solving Skills
• Knowledge of network security zones, Firewall configurations, IDS policies
• Experience with EDR, DNS, Sandboxing tools
• Experience with Network and Network Security tools administration
• Knowledge of log formats and ability to aggregate and parse raw log data for for investigation purposes
• In-depth knowledge of packet capture and analysis
• Ability to create and execute a containment strategy.
About Business Unit
IBM is a leading provider of enterprise security solutions. Named by industry analysts as a leader in 12 security market segment categories, IBM Security is a multi-billion dollar business that is rapidly growing. In an industry focused on building walls, IBM Security is focused on creating an open, connected security ecosystem that leverages AI and cloud to help clients improve compliance, stop threats, and grow their business securely.
Your Life at IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You at IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.