Job description / Role
• The SOC manager oversees the operations and allocate the required resources. His is in charge as well of the report review and the periodic calls with the client to inform him about his cyber-security posture.
• You will act as owner of the managed security services and provide internal escalation for your team members. You will work collaboratively with our client services organization, security service advisors, professional services, sales and any other teams involved in delivery of the SOC service in Qatar.
• You will contribute to pursuing cohesion, performance, and leadership as well as service improvement. With regular and ongoing governance of service delivery including reporting, analysis, recommendations for improvements and follow-up, you will nurture working relationships with customers and key stakeholders.
• You must constantly review existing methods and approaches, addressing any communication or process gaps.
• You will also manage operations focused programs such as training, client advocacy, transition to operations, change management and knowledge transfer, and will drive new areas for improvement.
• The SOC Manager role is one of the most important part of the SOC. Candidates in this role will oversee and coordinate the activities of SOC personnel and implement security assessment and incident response protocols.
• Candidates will coach personnel on technical issues and verify that they follow SOC policies to ensure all components are functioning optimally. Must establish and maintain metrics that help provide a high level of productivity, supportability, and operational readiness while also participating in project planning activities such as infrastructure enhancements and change management controls. Must have a proven track record in leading information security teams and technologies.
• Contact with the Customer as focal point for all high priority & major incidents reported
• Provide first line supervision to direct reports
• Develop and administer SOC processes and review their application to ensure that SOC’s controls, policies, and procedures are operating effectively
• Provide management oversight for the identification, triage and response of events or incidents of apparent security breaches
• Produce and review aggregated performance metrics
• Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the SOC, through improvements to each function as well as coordination and communication between support and business functions
• Play a significant role in long-term SOC strategy and planning, including initiatives geared toward operational excellence
• Planning, coordinating, and controlling the restoration of simple, complex or high impact of system problems that occur within the production environment of client's systems
• Handling conflict situations and making critical decisions while driving incidents
• Developing strong working relationships with support teams and management
• Provide oversight of the 8x5 SOC and Security Tools Engineering teams to support security monitoring, protection, and delivery of security services for the clients
• Responsible for overall situational awareness, security posture, and overall dedicated onsite position with the client
• Management of resources to include personnel, budget, shift scheduling, and technology strategy to meet SLA’s
• People management skills
• Track SLA compliance
• Deep Technical knowhow SOC and various SIEMs
• Good communication and presentation skills
• Provide strategic direction for the SOC.
• Delivery experience in SOC services
• Develop, and implement, and oversee SOC standard operating procedures to guide daily activities
• Fluent technical and business English (additionally Arabic is plus)
• Creation of dashboards, reports, and metrics for executive management
• Extensive knowledge of Security applications like SIEM, FW, WAF, IPS, AV, Vulnerability Scanners…etc.
• Measurement, tracking, and reporting of security incidents
• Escalation Management and organizational focal point for critical incidents
• Manage and ensure timely response and investigations of security events
• Knowledge Base management and updating
• Overall delivery management
• Capable of making critical decisions
• Experienced in managed IT and Security services design
• Taking responsibility
• Knowledge of actual state of the art technical products and solutions
• Lead of meetings with technical, commercial, customer and executive level
• Adaptive for corporate bid methods, techniques and tools.
• Financial knowledge
• Working independently as well as cooperatively in teams
About the Company
HR Source Consulting is a premier Human Resources Consultancy that provide clients across the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) with expert human resources planning and solutions. By inference, we have the expertise to attract high calibre candidates that fill specialist roles in the key industry sectors with focus in:
- IT (Information Technology)
- Media & Communications
- FMCG and many others
We deliver to a multitude of client organisations across the MENA region from leading multi-nationals (MNC's) to SMEs and boutique businesses. We are your "Regional HR partner with Global Reach".
We adopt tailor made services and solutions to ensure that our clients need is fully met .
We provide a multi-step consultancy approach to sourcing the ideal candidate, to ensure that your requirement is fully fulfilled and delivered to. Furthermore we offer tailor made HR Services and Solutions in the additional following areas:
- Permanent Recruitment Solutions
- Interim & Contract Recruitment Solutions
- Managed Services
- Salary Surveys
- Outplacement Services
- Relocation and Company setup advice
In short, HR Source Consulting is dedicated to delivering human resources solutions at every level (from Junior, Mid to Senior and C-Level Executives). This includes successful placements for every type and size of client organisation by sourcing candidates at all levels of seniority. We like to go the extra mile and serve our clients every need of HR and provide additional solutions and services from salary surveys, market intelligence, outplacements services and relocation and company set up advice.