Job description / Role
This person will be employed by a European technology consultancy company that develops cutting-edge software for physical and IT security systems on a diverse range of major projects across Europe, Africa, Middle East and Far East. They have been awarded one such project is Qatar's International Airport, for which they are currently hiring a sizeable team in-country. The person will play a key role in the technical decisions being made regarding the solution and will therefore have diverse experience and knowledge of software, IT and physical security systems.
Duties will include:
• Building security solution design (Video-surveillance, different detection and intrusion detection sensors)
• Access control to open areas and Access control to buildings, including pedestrian and vehicles, access security solution design.
• Hardware dimensioning and hardware configuration (servers, storage, routers, switches, IP)
• Software dimensioning and configuration (software specifications, licenses, SW integrations)
• Transmission bandwidth dimensioning and calculation, IP, IP traffic design
• Support subcontractor in the process of the integration of Milestone or equivalent software to a higher level supervisor software
• Support subcontractor in producing software and hardware adaptations to integrate security products into the solution when necessary (to integrate sensors for example when not supported)
• Take the overall responsibility of the End to End SEC Solution design.
• Deliver the high level, the low level and all the necessary Acceptance test procedures for the solution and handover documentation. (customer and internal)
• Update the solution during the solution analysis and per customer request.
• Able to make programmation on site on the software part.
• Have a good level in English
• Arabic speaking preferred but not essential
• Candidates with strong Project Management skills will be required for this position with experience and knowledge on the largest Middle East projects including software, IT (network and Windows, linux environment), and Electronic security systems (CCTV, PSIM, C2, Video Analytics, etc)
About the Company
"Stratus was founded in 2005 in order to supply a unique, tailored service to the property, real estate and construction industries."
Our approach is honest and upfront, delivering an efficient and cost effective service which we recognise is critical in the current market place. We differentiate ourselves from our competitors by providing consistent high quality results, adding real value to your organisation and allowing talented professionals in the property and construction fields to develop their potential within progressive environments.
Our open and consultative style has allowed us to successfully develop long standing relationships with clients and candidates alike, within leading consultancy, main contracting and client organisations. In tandem with this we also have an expansive network of contacts at all levels across the industry, and can provide sophisticated market intelligence, both in the UK and EMEA.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Technical Team Lead