Job description / Role
- Provide direction to site management in response to any identified regulatory and other obligation nonconformance to assure a timely and adequate response.
- Participate in setting the overall HACCP / Food Safety strategy and responsible for directing managers to assure complete implementation within the site.
- Provide direction to management and supervisors in the implementation of a positive HACCP / Food Safety process and culture within the site.
- Application of compliance methodologies and measurement tools for application within the operational environment
Coach and mentor site management and supervisors to understand and implement zero incident management strategies consistent with site/project needs and in accordance with Milaha HSEQ Management Systems.
- Assure that site management and supervisors are reducing the site-specific risk profile to as low as reasonably practicable by using industry specific HACCP / Food Safety hierarchy of control principles.
- Proving high level technical expertise input to managers and supervisors where required.
- Guide management representatives who hold assigned responsibility for HACCP Plans and HACCP Validation Plans, high-risk work process and workplace inspections etc so as to assure fit-for-purpose operational conditions are determined and in place.
- Lead incident investigations, guiding site management and staff through casual analysis methodologies to validate systems failures, root causes, and remedial measures to minimize risk exposure and operating costs.
- Oversee the creation and delivery of HACCP / Food Safety training programmes and verification of competency assurance for operational activities which have an element of HACCP / Food Safety criticality.
Decision Making Authority:
- Autonomous authority to enact a ‘stop work’ on operational activities at any point where they have a reasonable expectation that an event or condition could occur which would result in non-conformance to HACCP / Food Safety process or environment.
- May undertake whatever corrective action they feel reasonable at a given point in time to mitigate risk HACCP / Food Safety process or environment.
Context / Specialist Features / Challenges:
- Develop an effective HACCP / Food Safety process culture in a multinational environment where perceptions of safety and risk vary considerably.
Education & Professional Qualification:
- 2 Year Full Time Diploma / Advanced Diploma from a recognized institution in Food Science, Microbiology or equivalent.
- 2 Year Full Time Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety) from a recognized university and Food Safety L4 certification from a recognized institution with HACCP application.
- Internal Auditor qualification for ISO accreditation framework including 22001.
- Train the Trainer certification.
- Root Cause Analysis certification.
- First Aid certification.
- Degree qualified (non-trade related).
- Minimum 8 Years demonstratable experience in the HACCP / Food Safety profession of which 5 years in foodstuffs / distribution industry.
- At least 3 years demonstrable experience in a Supervisory role.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) grade of 6-7.
- Computer Competency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Psychometric Assessment (PI & PLI) score within required range.
- Able to pass pre-employment medical assessment.
About the Company
Qatar Navigation (Milaha) Q.P.S.C. was established in July 1957, as the first public shareholding company registered in Qatar and holds commercial registration no. 1. The Company has since evolved, expanded and diversified into maritime transportation, gas, petroleum products, containers and bulk, offshore support services, port management, logistics services, shipyard, trading agencies, real estate, and asset management.
The legal entity, Qatar Navigation Q.P. S.C. (QNNS:QD), is publicly listed on the Qatar Exchange.