Job description / Role
In this strategic Sales position, the Sr Staff Account Manager will be responsible for identifying sales opportunities within existing and new accounts, identifying, managing and solving conflicts with clients and meeting time deadlines for customer accounts among other responsibilities. S/he will drive key activities, including prospecting, strategy planning, executive relationship development, discovery assessment, pilot and SmartStart program's, GE IP ecosystem coordination, etc.
They will work closely with the other staff members in all GE businesses to drive and lead growth in service, software, and outcome-driven revenue generation. S/he will partner closely with leaders to drive the creation and development of an overall sales readiness vision in the context of our expanding global business.
- Develop a solution selling framework for GE business - tailor deal lifecycle, enablement deliverables, required resources, technology support, maturity model, sales methodology etc.
- Establish a deep understanding of customers' business needs by creating value to customers for our solution footprint
- Add value to the customer's business and maintain a goal oriented approach to the business partnership
- Demonstrate to customers how they benefit by partnering with GE and how our solutions deliver results
- Aggressively develop and drive a sustainable commercial and solution strategy across multiple customer divisions and geographic poles that is aligned to the agreed account goals.
- Develop and execute an Account Playbook that formalizes the "go high / go low" strategy for the Enterprise account.
- Where applicable, develop a joint Governance process with executive sponsorship that aligns along the following pillars - Commercial, Product/Technology, Implementation and Support.
- Leverage the "Big GE" by coordinating across multiple GE divisions to solve customer challenges and enhance value and loyalty through the introduction of GE Corporate programs. (e.g. Industrial Internet, Minds + Machines)
- Analyzes sales pipeline and maintains an array of opportunities to ensure that sales goals are achieved
- Actively grow and maintain a multi-year account plan that will be shared globally with parts of our business including Marketing, Product Management, Sales, Professional Services, and the Development teams to ensure coordination across the business.
- Ensuring a Professional Sales Experience for customers during all aspects of sales process and touch points including: Formal meeting agendas, formal follow-up stating sequence of events and next steps in writing, and issue resolution in a timely fashion.
- Formulates the winning proposals based on a cohesive strategy that leverages deep knowledge of industry, customer and GE product
- Bachelor's Degree and/or equivalent experience.
- Major professional experience.
- Works with individuals across the GE businesses on how to use Big Data to collect and analyze market information as well as how to present analysis and recommendations to drive strategic commercial decisions
- Develops acceptable strategies to mitigate risks triggered in RFP's and/or customers' T&Cs while meeting GE business objectives.
- Creates and delivers solution outlines and migration paths that show the evolution of a system from a baseline state to a target or future state
- Determines account potential by utilizing data modeling
- Thoroughly analyzes data to identify trends and issues that translate into a plan for the customer with some connection to seemingly independent problems
- Develops acceptable mitigation strategies that consider T&Cs of customers, competition and partners and key differentiators while also meeting business objectives
- Identifies and prioritizes critical GE resources needed to further the sales effort, negotiating with stakeholders for utilization
- Understands people's roles, can foresee obstacles, identify workarounds, leverage resources and rally teammates
- Identifies and coordinates owners, sponsors, timelines, actions and deliverables for the deal, from proposal preparation until contract closure if applicable
- Adeptly manages emotions and the negotiations process by identifying customer needs over wants
- transitions to becoming a trusted advisor who is not afraid to identify challenges the customer faces internally
- Achieves and maintains direct involvement in customer discussions about expected business outcomes and benefits from the solution
- Focuses on tangible and intangible benefits to ensure customer awareness and satisfaction
At GE Digital, we are creating technology and solutions to enable social, mobile, analytical and cloud capabilities for the Industrial Internet. The Industrial Internet is an open, global network that connects people, data and machines. It's about making infrastructure more intelligent and advancing the industries critical to the world we live in. At GE, we believe it's about the future of industryâ€”energy, healthcare, transportation, manufacturing. It's about making the world work better. GE is transforming itself to become the world's premier digital industrial company, executing critical outcomes for our customers. Explore how you can drive greater asset reliability, lower operating costs, reduce risk and accelerate operational performance with our Predix platform and software solutions.
Join our online communities to find out more!
LinkedIn Company page
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us on Twitter , join our LinkedIn Group or become a fan of our Facebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of the GE Talent Community. Stay up to date on what's happening at GE around the globe by checking out the GE Careers Blog.
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.