Job description / Role
The overall scope of the job includes serving food and beverages to guests in the assigned place of work, providing a courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service consistent with the standards of the hotel and Kempinski in order to encourage sales and maximize guest satisfaction.
Marsa Malaz Kempinski, The Pearl - Doha
Marsa Malaz Kempinski, The Pearl - Doha is located on its own secluded island, just steps away from numerous entertainment and dining options at the glamourous destination of
The Pearl, in the capital of Qatar. Showcasing the finest European architecture, blended with traditional Arabian elements, Marsa Malaz Kempinski boasts 281 luxurious rooms - including 69 suites, two Presidential suites and two Royal suites.
- Responsible to Assistant Stewarding Manager / Stewarding Manager
- Provide a professional and courteous service at all times and ensure that all employees of the assigned outlet follow the example.
- Ensure that the place of work and surrounding area is kept clean and organised at all times.
- Execute and demand the team to execute the highest level of service and set-up standards at all times.
- Be knowledgeable of all services and products offered by the hotel.
- Monitor operating supplies, equipment and reduce spoilage and wastage successfully.
- Ensure that the place of work and surrounding area is kept clean and organized at all times.
- Perform general cleaning duties as assigned by the Head of Department.
- Report failures and malfunctioning equipment directly and act responsible with all provided operating equipment and machinery.
- Understand and strictly adhere to the rules & regulations established in the hotel's policy manual and the hotel's policy on fire, hygiene, health & safety.
- Report to duty punctually wearing the correct uniform, clean and well pressed including appropriate safety shoes and nametag at all times.
- Maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
- Maintain a good rapport and work relation with staff in the assigned department and within the hotel.
- Undertake reasonable tasks and secondary duties as assigned by the Department Head.
- Respond to any changes in the department as dictated by the hotel management.
- Assist in carrying out scheduled inventories of products and operating equipment.
- Perform any other assigned reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Clean and wash dishes according to the established standards of performance.
- Clean and wash pots, pans and other kitchen equipment according to the established standards of performance.
- Ensure that all garbage regulations i.e separation of items as well as the assigned garbage runs.
- Have the knowledge of all cleaning procedures, use of dishwashing machines and the type of chemicals being used.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience in a Stewarding role.
- Ability to work as part of a team, thrive under pressure in challenging circumstances and come up with proactive, rational solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to establish and retain effective working relationships with hotel staff and clients/vendors.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Applies a professional, confidential and ethical approach at all times.
- Works in a safe, prudent and organized manner.
- Ability to operate computer and office equipment.
- Proficiency in Excel and Word is beneficial
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realise their full potential.
Embrace an experience as individual as you are!
About the Company
The Kempinski name is proudly borne by a growing collection of distinguished properties around the world. As Europe's oldest luxury hotel group, we are committed to providing our guests with memorable journeys inspired by exquisite European flair. We believe life should be lived with style.
Each year, an increasing number of guests come to appreciate these qualities, as Kempinski adds new, exciting destinations in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and The Americas. While this growth reflects the strength and success of the Kempinski brand, the collection will remain a limited one, where exclusivity can be nurtured and individuality can flourish.
We believe that our prestigious, European heritage puts Kempinski in a unique position to satisfy the expectations of the stylish and discerning traveller. It's not just to simply provide a hotel bed and a meal, at Kempinski it's all about bringing a story to life.
Since 1897, our employees have been a part of creating history around the world. From historic buildings to the most avant-garde of modern architecture, our properties are the setting for some of life's greatest moments. We've witnessed historic meetings between world leaders, celebrities taking sanctuary in the world of privacy we create for them, and created incredible memories for guests on a 'once-in-a-lifetime' journey.
We are wholeheartedly committed to providing perfection for our guests at every moment and in every way. Perhaps it's something as life-changing as a wedding celebration, where our attention to detail and perfect service mean that your special day goes without a hitch. Or perhaps it's as simple as the note left on your pillow at night, which thoughtfully lets you know the weather tomorrow so you know how to dress in the morning. At Kempinski, we are each personally responsible for creating rich and meaningful experiences for our guests.