Job description / Role
• Manage and monitor the performance of design consultants to ensure high quality structural design and engineering.
• Review and monitor structural engineering design and construction on site and performance of the supervision consultant related to structural engineering.
• Conduct design reviews for conformance with contract documents and client requirements.
• Monitor structural engineering design work of the appointed design consultant team to ensure design correctness and completeness as well as scope compliance related to structural engineering.
• In conjunction with document control maintain record of Design Consultant(s) submittals and control in a timely manner the submittals/correspondence received.
• Evaluate and endorse the variation orders/concession requests submitted by the Structural Design Consultant(s) for client's approval.
• Review and comment on all drawings and documents submitted by Structural Design Consultant(s) and ensure the incorporation of all revisions on all documents. Advise client on structural design issues and remedial actions in case of deviations.
• Review all monthly reports submitted by Design Consultant including areas of concern and recommended plans of actions.
• Facilitate meetings with Design Consultant(s) and client to review design document and take decisions as required.
• Participate in value management workshops to ensure delivery of maximum value of Civil / Structural design.as required.
• Propose alternative materials/systems to improve the structural design and construction cost through value management workshops.
• Review structural design submissions from the design consultant for adequacy and compliance with design agreement.
• Manage and coordinate with the QPM Project Management technical team onsite to ensure appropriate monitoring of the work of structural Design Consultants and of Contractors in construction stage.
• Ensure compliance to QPM processes for design consultants work review, deviation monitoring and analysis and remedial actions.
• Ensure timely and accurate documentation, filing of design documents and reporting.
• Coordinate closely with Supervision Consultant to get all site design work reviewed and approved.
• Ensure appropriate usage and application of the Project Management System (PMS) with respect to entry and analysis of work related data.
• Engage with the project commissioning team to ensure that all projects are meticulously commissioned
• 12 + Years post graduate experience
• Civil Engineering Bachelors Degree
• Inspection experience
• Must have strong experience of working on high rise tower projects
Structural Engineering - Buildings:
• Design Management
• Schematic design, design development, construction drawings
• Construction technologies
• Construction project management methodologies
• Structural engineering design software and analysis
About the Company
Qatar Project Management (QPM) is an independent subsidiary of Barwa Real Estate Development Company that provides expertise in Project Management, Design Management, Construction Management, and Contract Administration together with other associated Project Management functions. Established in 2008, QPM is centralized platform for provision of Project Management services to Barwa and Qatari Diar as well as local and international markets. QPM provides these services through an in-house team of highly-skilled, motivated, and qualified professionals supported by state-of-the-art information technology and highly-effective Project Management systems.