Job description / Role
Please note you must be in Qatar with an NOC and be UPDA certified to be considered for this position.
• Purpose of this job it to design structures that must endure stresses and pressures inflicted through human use and environmental conditions.
• You configure structures, choose appropriate building material, inspect the construction work, and ensure the structural soundness of buildings and structures.
• Should have an analytical and mathematical mind, as well as expert problem-solving skills.
• Experience in leadership, management, and strong interpersonal communication are also essential.
• Oversee the completion of construction projects and ensure structures are durable and safe.
• Monitor on-site construction processes and supervise construction workers
• Prepare and allocate budgets
• Track and report on project progress
• Collaborate with contractors and project managers
• Demonstrate visible safety program leadership
• Maintain design integrity and quality requirements through the management of change and specification deviation processes
• Plan and schedule work (short term and long term) and ensure execution of work per plan
• Maintain full project chronology of civil and structural engineering design revisions (including cause / effect data), for use in contract administration
• Calculate the pressures, stresses and strains that each component, such as a beam or lintel, will experience from other parts of the structure due to human use or environmental pressures such as weather or earthquakes
• Select appropriate construction materials, considering the strength of various materials, e.g. concrete, steel and brick, to see how their inclusion may necessitate a change of structural design.
• Liaise with other designers, including architects, to agree on safe designs and their fit with the aesthetic concept of the construction
• Supervise and monitor the Project Company, including their compliance with their contracts, preparation of construction management plans and comment if any deviations seen from the same
• Performance of actual design duties and other related duties when directed
• A Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field is required
• Minimum 10 years of relevant experience.
• MMUP Grade A
• Technical Knowledge
• Problem Solving and Assist Decision Making
• Results Oriented
• Relationship Management
• Applying awareness through knowledge on QCDD, NFPA, KAHRAMAA Ashghal and Municipality regulations.
• Knowledge on through review and comment/provide solutions of the projects drawings
• Arabic English ( first choice)
• Other nationalities ( second choice)
• 20,000 QAR
Number of Placement
• One Candidate
About the Company
QS Quest Ltd - Your Middle East Recruitment Partner
QS Quest Ltd are a niche Recruitment Consultancy specialising in the placement of Construction & Engineering professionals into the Middle East. We deliver end to end recruitment for both client and candidate, with the ability to identify key Construction & Engineering professionals from all nationalities.
With a detailed knowledge of the local Middle East market, we have a proven track record of sourcing and delivering key staff for some of the regions most recognised Construction & Engineering projects.
Geographical areas covered are: Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE, Kuwait, Oman. Bahrain and Iran.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Structural Engineer - Marine Projects
Civil Site Inspector
Power Systems & Information Technology (PSTech)
Senior Structural Engineer
|Saudi Arabia||29 Jun|
Resident Engineer - Roads/Tunnels/Bridges
Civil QC Engineer