Job description / Role
JOB TITLE: Supervisor - Maintenance
DEPARTMENT : Maintenance
JOB TYPE: Permanent
REPORTING TO: Operations Manager
To assume the responsibility to manage the staff and daily activities of the maintenance department to ensure an effective and efficient maintenance service is provided in support of all business operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Coordinate the delivery, inspection, installation, levelling and alignment of all new plant and equipment.
• Plan, organise and implement a planned preventative and predictive maintenance programme for all plant and machinery and perform unscheduled equipment maintenance as and when required.
• Trouble shoot, maintain, repair or replace pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical and mechanical equipment and CNC controls and PLC Systems and test in accordance with approved ISO/OEM work and test procedures
• Ensure that all work activities are carried out in an efficient, professional and tidy manner and provide regular progress updates and report any new findings or issues that may impact on agreed completion date.
• Maintain a high standard of personnel / workshop / equipment / machines and tooling cleanliness
• Coordinate the supply and flow of all consumables, materials, replacement parts and components and accurately record repairs, time, parts and materials in the computerised maintenance management system.
• Manage workloads and prioritise resources to ensure that all work is completed on time and ensure that a high standard of personnel / workshop / equipment / machines and tooling cleanliness is maintained.
• Ensure all activities are undertaken in compliance with all QHSE policies, practices and procedures and that all technical / inspection reports and logs are completed and filed in accordance with company standards.
• Contribute to the to the continuous improvement of practices/ procedures / productivity / quality and HSE and team ethic by performing other reasonable duties as required in support of the business.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Time served in a mechanical / electrical engineering discipline ideally with a Degree / Diploma or equivalent. Overhead crane and forklift certification preferred. Must have a proven track record in supervising and running an efficient maintenance department within a modern fast paced mechanical and electrical engineering workshop and the ability to use a wide range of electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic tools. A minimum of 10 years experience with 5 years workshop supervisory experience. Must be computer literate and proficient in MS Office applications.
Excellent English verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organisational and time management skills with a proactive and flexible can do attitude and approach to work, hours and location. Must be able to work and perform under own initiative and have the ability to multitask and prioritise in a time sensitive and fast paced work environment with a full working knowledge of best practise maintenance procedures and activities. Attentive to detail and have a full understanding of OEM standards and the ability to read, understand and work off electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic schematics, diagrams and technical drawings. Must be familiar in the use of an extensive range of precision measuring, testing equipment, line breaking, bleed down and isolation systems. Demonstrate ability, knowledge and experience to interact readily across different departments within a multi cultural and multi functional environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work of the assigned job holder. However they are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills as all personnel are required to perform other reasonable duties outside of their normal responsibilities in support of the company.
About the Company
Oryx Engineering Solutions is a progressive, modern and newly established integrated engineering services solution provider located in Ras Laffan Industrial City, Qatar to support the rapidly changing, evolving and demanding needs of the Middle East and Africa's energy sectors; oil and gas, power and water, petrochemical, industrial and marine.
Our technical excellence and ability to deliver integrated 360o quality engineering solutions from design, reverse engineering, re-rating and repairs, means we can make your life simpler.