Job description / Role
Rixos Qetaifan Island North
Opening mid-2022, Rixos Doha Qetaifan will comprise a 345-key hotel, along with a Souq encompassing 11,000sqm of leasing space, a beach club, a theme park, and a waterpark.
The resort will boast panoramic views of the Arabian Gulf. Slated to make its debut right before the World Cup, Rixos plans to provide a platform for showcasing Qatar as a tourism destination. One of the country's biggest draws will be Qetaifan Island North's waterpark attraction
The Icon Tower, is the world's highest tower of its kind, reaching 82 meters in height.
Supervisor Steward - Water Park
To ensure a smooth and efficient operation in the Food & Beverage Department in relation to the Company Core Process; thus, directly impacting the delivery of the experience.
This position is responsible to assist the stewarding manager to enforce the highest possible cleanliness and hygiene standards in all food processing facilities, as well as the operating equipment.
Main responsibilities include dish room operations, night cleaning, back area cleaning and equipment maintenance, banquet plating, and food running.
Manages the Stewarding team and carries out a quarterly inventory of operating equipment; responsible for maintaining the kitchen's hygienic condition, as per HACCP standards.
What's in it for you:
- Be part of a unique and complex resort in Qatar
- Take advantage of opportunities to be recognized for your professional contributions
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Supervise the duties of all stewarding department employees, facilities, operations, and costs.
- Supervise the sanitation, cleanliness, hygiene as well as quality level of products and services.
- Ensure Back of House areas are maintained to the highest cleanliness standards and cleaning schedules are followed and completed.
- Direct and assist Stewards to make clean-up more efficient.
- Ensure water temperature, and chemical levels are appropriate for cleaning and documented.
- Assist with Banquet plate-ups and buffet by transporting and ensuring adequate stock.
- Assist Chefs and kitchen staff with various tasks as needed.
- Check more specifically the proper use of chemicals and washing accessories.
- Coordinate with the Chief Steward in establishing minimum and maximum operating par stocks and supplies and approve storeroom requisition.
- Co-ordinate with the Sous Chefs and Outlet Managers to check their requirements for the day and the next day.
- Assist in the location, movement, and storage of banquet operational equipment.
- Assist in the stock take of equipment and other items as required.
- Work closely with the Chef, Banquets & Service Manager to anticipate guest needs.
- Work with all departments to ensure items that are required for service are available when needed.
- Take all necessary actions to reduce the loss of silverware/flatware.
- Take all necessary actions to reduce the breakage of China and Glassware.
- Supervises employees' ability to follow loss prevention policies to prevent accidents and control costs.
- Enforces proper cleaning routines for service ware, equipment, floors, etc.
- Enforces proper use and cleaning of all dish room machinery.
- Ensures all food holding and transport equipment is in working order.
- Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
- Ensuring Stewarding staffs have supplies, equipment, tools, and uniforms necessary to do their jobs.
- Prepare monthly reports on shortages in china silverware and equipment and requisition replacements as required while following budget guidelines.
- Lead and manage the Stewarding team in all aspects of the department and ensure standards are followed.
- To assist with exclusive use events when needed and assist in the preparations of facilities for functions, themed evenings, etc., to contribute to the success of the Company.
Your experience and skills include:
- High School Diploma
- College Diploma in food services or culinary arts
- 1 or a 2-year previous experience in the Stewarding Department
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
- Computer knowledge of Microsoft office applications is required.
- Good written and verbal English communication skills,
- Knowledge of different use of Chemical
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities are essential.
- Food & Safety and HACCP Certification
- Task Training Certification is an advantage
- The Theme Park work experience is an advantage
Your team & the working environment:
At Accor, we are Hearts!
Are you ready to put your heart at the center of everything that you do? If so, then join our team of Heartists at Rixos Qetaifan Island, every day, we look for opportunities to engage on a personal & meaningful way with our guests and each other. We deliver heartfelt hospitality in an environment that is engaging, enthusiastic, and professionally rewarding!
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company, and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.