Job description / Role
• Select transportation routes to maximize economy by combining shipments or consolidating warehousing and distribution. Diagram supply chain models to help facilitate discussions with customers.
• Develop material costs forecasts or standard cost lists.
• Assess appropriate material handling equipment needs and staffing levels to load, unload, move, or store materials.
• Appraise vendor manufacturing ability through on-site visits and measurements.
• Negotiate prices and terms with suppliers, vendors, or freight forwarders.
• Monitor supplier performance to assess ability to meet quality and delivery requirements.
• Implement new or improved supply chain processes.
• Collaborate with other departments, such as procurement, to identify or qualify new suppliers.
• Develop or implement procedures or systems to evaluate or select suppliers.
• Analyze information about supplier performance or procurement program success.
• Document physical supply chain processes, such as workflows, cycle times, position responsibilities, or system flows.
• Design or implement plant warehousing strategies for production materials or finished products.
• Confer with supply chain planners to forecast demand or create supply plans that ensure availability of materials or products.
• Define performance metrics for measurement, comparison, or evaluation of supply chain factors, such as product cost or quality.
• Analyze inventories to determine how to increase inventory turns, reduce waste, or optimize customer service.
• Participate in the coordination of , product line extensions, or new product launches to ensure orderly and timely transitions in material or production flow.
• Manage activities related to strategic or tactical purchasing, material requirements planning, inventory control, warehousing, or receiving.
• Develop procedures for coordination of supply chain management with other functional areas, such as sales, marketing, finance, production, or quality.
• Design or implement supply chains that support business strategies adapted to changing market conditions, new business opportunities, or cost reduction strategies.
• Evaluate and select information or other technology solutions to improve tracking and reporting of materials or products distribution, storage, or inventory.
• Identify opportunities to reuse or recycle materials to minimize consumption of new materials, minimize waste, or to convert wastes to by-products.
• Knowledgeable of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
• Knowledgeable of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
• Knowledgeable of principles and methods for moving people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road, including the relative costs and benefits.
• Knowledgeable of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
• Knowledgeable of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Knowledgeable of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
• Knowledgeable of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
About the Company
The foundation of Simex Group was laid in the year 1965 with the establishment of a manufacturing unit producing curd with a single machine that has grown to become one of the biggest manufacturing plants in the state of Qatar with the production and distribution of the “DANDY” brand of dairy products. Following the success of Dandy Co Ltd., SIMEX Trading Company was established with one show room of ready-made garments and today it has diversified into a dynamic multifaceted group of companies having business interests in Real Estate, Manufacturing, Distribution, Franchising & Retailing with over 17 show rooms spread all over Qatar & still rapidly growing.