Job description / Role
Together We Ensure Urban Rail Safety And Efficiency For Over 3 Billion Passengers Annually
Thales Group and Thales in Qatar
Worldwide, our customers rely on our expertise and innovation of 62,000 people in 56 countries across five markets; Aerospace, Space, Transportation, Defense and Security.
We have been present in Qatar for over 35 years and with over 200 employees to date and we are growing rapidly. Thales in Qatar is part of our Middle East business that has 1,800 people across Egypt, Iraq, Kuwait, KSA, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar and UAE. Our people are working on two major urban rail projects; the Doha Metro and Lusail Tramway and providing security and communications systems for Hamad International Airport and Doha Port as well as delivering world-class In-Flight entertainment and Connectivity systems.
Thales people design solutions that support 85 million mainline and suburban passenger journeys, worldwide, every day. Our world leading Rail Signaling and Communication systems are used on metro lines across major cities, and 72,000 kms of route, 52,000 trains per day in 16 countries are controlled by our Traffic Management Systems. Together We, deployed the first-ever nationwide ticketing system which processes over 50 million ticketing transactions in 100 cities daily.
INTEGRATED SUPERVISION & COMMUNICATIONS (ISC)
Did you know that Thales is the number 1 supplier of integrated supervision and communication systems for rail networks worldwide? Used in more than 20 countries, our systems allow rail networks to ensure passenger safety and comfort by providing them with solutions that enable them to provide passenger information and services such as WiFi, whilst our video surveillance and radio communication systems are ensuring the safety of passengers and staff. Millions of passengers rely on our systems daily.
That is why we rely on our people to help us master the most complex environments for our customers, and careers start here.
WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR A "SYSTEM INSTALLATION EXPERT - RADIO" TO JOIN THE THALES INTEGRATED SUPERVISION & COMMUNICATIONS TEAM IN DOHA, QATAR
The "System Installation Expert - RADIO" will be managing the installation of the R ADIO systems for Doha Metro Project. Interface to design and interface teams and Monitor the installation subcontractors.
• Support the Installation Director in developing project installations schedule, plans and procedures in relation to installations and method statements for R ADIO systems.
• Monitor the installation subcontractors. Interface to design and interface teams to solve site construction issues.
• Develop and run PICO tests (Post Installation Checkout). Ensure approval from client and consultant.
• Work closely with the Construction Supervision Consultant, Contractors, vendors and suppliers in resolution of technical problems and to ensure that identified deficiencies are repaired and update as to actual site conditions.
• Manages routine installations meetings and monitors subordinate workloads to maximize performance.
• Monitors and reports on the progress of all project activity including significant milestones, and any conditions, which would affect project cost or schedule.
• Reports problems and solutions and ensures these are processed correctly and communicated to the Installation Director, Delivery Manager and Systems Engineering Manager.
• Establish weekly meeting to review project status and formulate action items.
• Ensures all installations are done based on latest site installation drawings, documents, and SW releases.
• Manages all aspects of safety on site, and is the Site Safety Representative for the area he is in charge of, in cooperation with the HSE Manager.
• Ensures that all employees (including the sub-contractor) comply with the Health and Safety requirements as detailed in the reference documents in the Project Management Plan, as well as all other applicable safety policies/work instructions.
• Ensure proper use of a Deployment Tool for Installation activities by his team and himself.
• Bachelor's degree in Electronics, Electrical, Mechanical, Telecommunications or other similar Engineering disciplines
• 7 - 10 years in Installation activities with a large Metro project
• Good written and verbal communication.
• Ability to identify potential problems and propose solutions.
• Ability to work well within and lead installation supervision teams and installation subcontractors.
• Experience in Microsoft applications Engineering experience is appreciated
• Should have Metro/Railways domain experience.
Your contributions to Thales' cutting-edge products make possible the continued delivery of excellence and hundreds of millions of satisfied passengers globally. If your skills, experience and attitude match the above and you are looking for exciting challenges, please apply now using the link below and we will be in touch. At Thales in the [insert country], we provide careers - not jobs.
About the Company
With operations in 50 countries and 68,000 employees, Thales is a world leader in mission-critical information systems for defence and security, aerospace and transportation.
Building on its expertise in the most sophisticated technologies and large-scale software systems, Thales is stepping up to the security challenges of its customers in an increasingly complex world. With its global network of 22,500 high-level researchers, Thales has earned particular recognition for its ability to develop and deploy dual civil and military technologies. Leveraging its international operations and spanning the entire value chain from equipment to systems and services, Thales is playing a pivotal role in making the world a safer place.