Job description / Role
Line of Service
General Tax Consulting
Job Description & Summary
A career in our Tax Accounting practice, within Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet and manage their tax obligations across unique but ever changing tax specialties. You'll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing indirect taxes, dispute resolution, and global enterprise tax solutions.
Our team provides our clients with customised tax solutions and tax accounting advice based on their niche and business need. You'll support the team with deferred tax validation projects, remediation and restatement, tax basis balance sheets and financial statement carve out preparation.
Consultants with solid experience in Supply Chain Management including inventory, purchase, sourcing and contract management operational experience. The consultants are expected to have a basic understanding of Oracle ERP. In addition, the incumbent should understand the SCM business process end-to-end and should be able to handle the operations on a daily basis.
SCM application and inventory support service
- Perform root cause analysis for frequently occurring issues and provide permanent fix.
- Advise management on roadmap for application enhancements, identification, implementation of new, advanced functionalities and new modules (on need basis).
- Coordinate with users to collect the appropriate pictures to update shopping catalogue for the existing items and newly created items.
- Review all SCM functions in line with application processes.
- Consultant shall manage and provide quality assurance over ERP system enhancements.
- Act as ERP process owner.
- Develop detailed business requirements.
- Provide Quality Assurance (QA) over system enhancements, including ensuring that functional requirement definition is in alignment with business requirements.
- Assist with the documentation of the requirements and procedures.
- Participate in cross-functional team meetings to develop and implement business solutions and optimize operations. Conduct impact analysis of ERP products, systems, upgrades and changes for department/functional areas, and evaluates systems and business processes.
- Liaise with other application areas to coordinate inter-dependencies and resolve issues.
- Analyze workflow, process improvement, and business practices to streamline business operations.
- Development of sourcing strategy for the procurement function.
- Troubleshoot automated system problems and issues encountered by users relating to populating data fields and data reporting.
- Maintain the item master for CLIENT. Responsible for item master cleansing and item master maintenance.
- Review all help desk tickets related to ERP support team and follow up issues for quick closure with appropriate solutions.
- Evaluate and prepare recommendations for change in established organization processes and procedures.
- Investigate problems, determines and documents business solutions for complex system problems in an effective, timely manner.
- Recommend continuous program improvements or corrections to the application development and quality assurance team.
- Review and validate as-is/to-be business processes, configuration scripts, and other associated functional specifications from end users.
- Document change request business cases (i.e. define the problem, pros, cons, suggestions, cost/benefit analysis; recommendations).
- Participate in change request process to review, validate, and justify all changes to the ERP system.
- Respond to queries and clarifications about ERP and Legacy software integrations.
- Monitor root cause analysis, reconciliation between Oracle and Barcode data, with continuous improvements to stabilize and maintain the integrity between both systems.
- Perform month-end closure activities to make sure the stock is matching and there are no pending orders in the system.
- Responsible for month end stock count at all inventory organizations and Central Warehouse (CWH). Post stock count, the consultant will arrive at resolutions to fix mismatches, if any.
- Maintain data conversion templates between CLIENT and CWH for smoother material transactions with regard to item codes, unit of measure.
- Mandatory Excel skills for reporting, forecasting, analyzing and reconciliation.
- Responsible for year-end stock counts at all inventory locations - all health centers and CWH, by assisting during the physical stock count and preparing a road map with action schedule prior to the stock count.
Basic competencies of the consultants, but not limited to the following:
- Strategic assessment and planning of requirements.
- Sourcing strategy development.
- Supplier strategy development.
- Inventory/supply management.
- Logistics and transportation management.
- Operations/logistics strategy development.
- Management of working relationships with suppliers.
- Items planning based on forecast and consumption trend.
- Presentation and Excel skills.
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.