Job description / Role
Tax & Legal Services - Tax - Accounting & Payroll - Healthcare Facility Planning - Doha
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
A career in our Tax Accounting practice, within Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients. You'll advise clients while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis.
Our team provides our clients advice based on their niche and business need.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
You'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Should have minimum working experience of 15 years, in healthcare policies, health performance measures and quality and patient's safety.
- The Senior Specialist, healthcare facility services planning shall be responsible for coordinating health services programs, resource development and research and planning practices in order to implement programs and develop standards; and to perform related work as required.
- Under general direction, incumbents are responsible for coordinating multidisciplinary staff efforts, and directing the work of a health division in the use of integrated research and planning, and program and resource development.
- The Senior Specialist, healthcare facility services planning represents the Healthcare Facility Planning Unit in planning and evaluation matters before MOPH departments, community, governmental, and professional groups.
Nature and Scope of Position:
- Develops and implements research and planning activities to maintain an integrated approach to health care development and resource allocation.
- Directs studies and analysis of health care efficiency, access, appropriateness, and effectiveness.
- Coordinates departmental activities related to health services programs.
- Proposes health care policies and monitors implementation of such policies.
- Identifies health care financial resources and directs the writing of grant proposals for such resources.
- Participates in professional committees directed toward priority health care areas.
- May supervise the work of professional and clerical staff.
- Provides responsive, high quality service to employees, representatives of outside agencies and members of the public by providing accurate, complete and up-to-date information, in a courteous, efficient and timely manner.
- Responsible for directing and coordinating all aspects of the service planning of the healthcare facility development process from project business planning through to health service operation.
- Responsible for Developing and implementing of the systems, processes and resources required to deliver the service planning aspect of the healthcare facility development program
- Determines and updates Qatar the service planning aspects of the healthcare facility existing master plan.
- Directing and coordinating all service planning aspects of developing and updating Qatar Health Care Facility Master Plan process from project business planning through to operation.
- Develops and implement meeting and reporting structures and cost reporting systems
- Coordinates the development and implementation of all necessary information to support the production of the service planning aspects of healthcare facility business cases for new developments.
- Works with health care providers on the service planning aspects of the business case, ensuring a range of health service options
- Supports the Manager of healthcare facility planning unit with the day-to-day management and coordination of specific healthcare facility projects to the approved scope, time, quality and cost parameters
- Prepares monthly progress reports, the coordination and flow of relevant information to stakeholders, the preparation of consultant briefs and the development of a detailed project program
- Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Principles of healthcare systems and program planning
- Collection, management, and analysis of health services data
- Health, Safety, Welfare major legislation related to these areas
- Fiscal management and budgeting including principles and practices of health services cost analyses and cost containment strategies
- Principles and practices of personnel management, supervision, employee relations, and training
- Purposes, goals, and responsibilities of health, public assistance, protective services, and social services programs as they relate to health services priority areas
- Analyze and evaluate a variety of complex health care problems and recommend practical solutions
- Leadership, Team Builder, Communicates Effectively, Knowledge Worker, Decision Maker, Strategic Perspective, Leverages Resources (Coaches and Develops), Demonstrates Ethical Behavior, Maximizes Team Effectiveness, Supportive of Change
- Analyze, develop, and recommend changes in methods, systems, policies, and procedures to the highest levels of management on complex and sensitive issues
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing with professional, administrative and legislative representatives
- Communicate effectively with a variety of individuals representing diverse cultures and backgrounds and function calmly in situations which require a high degree of sensitivity, tact and diplomacy
- Plan, organize, and coordinate the work of ad-hoc multidisciplinary planning groups and supervise graduate students
- Organize and direct group discussions
- Plan, coordinate, and initiate actions and implement decisions and recommendations
- Read and comprehend complex material often involving legal, technical, or medical matters
- Prepare and present concise, logical oral and written reports
- Explain policy, procedures, and recommendations on a wide variety of medical issues
- Establish effective working relationships with management, employees, employee representatives and the public representing diverse cultures and backgrounds
- Treat employees, representatives of outside agencies and members of the public with courtesy and respect
- Exercise appropriate judgment in answering questions and releasing information; analyze and project consequences of decisions and/or recommendations
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of colleagues in a diverse community (essential);
- Ability to gain confidence of very senior managers and clinicians (essential);
- Knowledge of organizational structures, workflow, and operating procedures (essential);
- Excellent presentational skills (essential); Word processing, Outlook, Excel and internet applications (essential)
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.