Job description / Role
Tax & Legal Services - Tax - Accounting & Payroll - Senior Associate - Doha
Line of Service
General Tax Consulting
Job Description & Summary
A career in our Tax Accounting practice, within Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet and manage their tax obligations across unique but ever changing tax specialties. You'll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing indirect taxes, dispute resolution, and global enterprise tax solutions.
Our team provides our clients with customised tax solutions and tax accounting advice based on their niche and business need. You'll support the team with deferred tax validation projects, remediation and restatement, tax basis balance sheets and financial statement carve out preparation.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, coaching them to deliver results.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Know how and when to use tools available for a given situation and can explain the reasons for this choice.
- Seek and embrace opportunities which give exposure to different situations, environments and perspectives.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing and connecting with others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
- Bachelor's degree or master's degree or equivalent with Finance background
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with recognized firms.
- Native Arabic speaker is a privilege. Moreover, must be a proficient in written and spoken English.
- Computer skills including proficiency in common word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation programs.
- Job-related experience in continuous improvement and operational support required.
- Ensures the integrity of controls and resolves disputes. Manage client queries and suggest solutions accordingly.
- Manages to review the operational procedures to ensure effective implementation.
- Supervises juniors and schedules their tasks to ensure that the targets are achieved.
- Reviews existing processes and procedures and suggest recommendations for improvements.
- Sets and follows up on action plans and evaluate performance and monitors progression.
- Monitors the implementation of the process improvement plans.
- Develops required reports to management and ensures the integrity of records.
- Corrects and update databases with missing data and perform data cleansing.
- Follow up on complaints reported through different channels and manage communication with all stakeholders at various level.
- Evaluates areas for improvements in the organizational processes.
Up to 20%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
Job Posting End Date
October 31, 2020
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.