Job description / Role
JOB TITLE: Technician - Maintenance
JOB TYPE: Permanent
REPORTING TO: Operations Manager
To assume the responsibility under minimal supervision to install, troubleshoot, maintain, overhaul, repair and test a wide range of FANUC CNC machine tools and other associated engineering workshop plant and equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist in the planning, organisation and implementation of a planned preventative maintenance programme.
• Inspection, installation, levelling and alignment of all new plant and equipment.
• Perform unscheduled, preventative and predictive maintenance on complex equipment and systems.
• Trouble shoot, maintain, repair or replace pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical and mechanical equipment.
• Trouble shoot, maintain, repair or replace inverters, spindle drives, drive motors, clutches and bearings.
• Trouble shoot, maintain and repair CNC controls, and PLC Systems.
• Reassemble and test in accordance with all approved OEM / OES work and test procedures.
• Ensure that all work activities are carried out in an efficient, professional and tidy manner.
• Regular progress updates and report any new findings or issues that may impact on completion date.
• Maintain a high standard of personnel / workshop / equipment / machines and tooling cleanliness.
• Accurately record repairs, time, parts and materials in the computerised maintenance management system.
• Comply with all company QHSE policies, practices and procedures.
• Contribute to the team ethic and perform other reasonable duties as required in support of the business.
• Maybe required to work off site in support of business activities.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Time served in a electrical/mechanical engineering discipline ideally with forklift certification. Must have a minimum of 4 years experience in electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems root cause analysis diagnostics and repair, tool testing, PLC trouble shooting, programming, variable speed spindle/servo drives and other plant and equipment.
Excellent English verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organisational and time management skillswith a proactive and flexible can do attitude and approach to work, hours and location. Must be able to work and perform under own initiative and have the ability to multitask and prioritise in a time sensitive and fast paced work environment with a full working knowledge of best practise maintenance procedures and activities. Attentive to detail and have a full understanding of OEM standards and the ability to read and understand electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic schematics, diagrams and technical drawings. Must be familiar in the use of an extensive range of precision measuring, testing equipment, line breaking, bleed down and isolation systems. Demonstrate ability, knowledge and experience to interact readily across different departments within a multi cultural and multi functional environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work of the assigned job holder. However they are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills as all personnel are required to perform other reasonable duties outside of their normal responsibilities in support of the company.
About the Company
Oryx Engineering Solutions is a progressive, modern and newly established integrated engineering services solution provider located in Ras Laffan Industrial City, Qatar to support the rapidly changing, evolving and demanding needs of the Middle East and Africa's energy sectors; oil and gas, power and water, petrochemical, industrial and marine.
Our technical excellence and ability to deliver integrated 360o quality engineering solutions from design, reverse engineering, re-rating and repairs, means we can make your life simpler.