Job description / Role
Tender and Contract Expert – Job Description
The TCE shall possess Min. 10 years of proven experience directing daily workload for a small crew. The TCE shall be responsible for managing and performing the work requirements task.
• Prepares tenders and standardized tender templates and documentation.
• Develops the bid and tender strategy.
• Prepares initial tender documentation and coordinate obtaining the required approvals.
• Maintains a list of qualified vendors, especially as related to planned tenders.
• Compilation of various input to create a more complete tender proposal.
• Monitoring deadlines.
• Evaluation and contract negotiation.
• Liaises with Departments on an ongoing basis with respect to Tenders requirements and Tenders status.
• Corresponds with vendors in conjunction with the tender process as required, i.e. non-disclosure agreements, confirmation of interest, etc.
• Assists in preparation and/or review of Tender Documentation Packages comprising of Instructions to Bidders, Contract Form, General Terms Conditions, Bid Forms, etc.
• Assemble and maintain internal Procurement documentation relating to the tendering process, including recording management approval relating to tendering and contracting actions.
• Maintains tender files and arranges their archiving upon Tender completion.
• Prepares Tenders status reports and expected timelines on a regular basis and when requested.
• Prepares correspondences to internal departments, bidders and contractors
• Assists with the development of procurement software applications for the Project Implementation Team.
• Liaises and coordinates activities with Financial Services In view of the developing and changing needs and opportunities within the company during this start-up phase, this position may perform other duties as assigned.
• Follow-up the tender through successful acquisitions to completion
• Responsible for initiating, developing, reviewing and routing of documents related Tenders and contracts.
• Maintains records of contract activity for benchmark purposes and works to improve organization’s efficiencies.
• Follow-up with the Projects Managers to determine necessity for amendments or extensions of contracts, and compliance to contractual obligations.
• Preparing and following up the work of the tenders committee.
• Review of all annexes and approvals of the contract.
• Preparation of preliminary draft contracts after confirming the approval of the relevant committees
• Send the draft to the legal department for review and feedback.
• Send the draft to the project manager for review and feedback.
• Preparation of the final version of the contract and follow-up of the signing of the contract by both parties
• Follow up Expiry date of Contracts, Bank Guarantee, and Performance Bond and coordinate with the concerned departments Long enough for the necessary action.
• Preparation of periodic reports on of contracts.
Contract and Work details:
• 3 years contract renewable
• 5 working days per week, from 7.30 am to 3.30 pm.
• Bilingual - English and Arabic speaking.
• Minimum five years of experience with Governmental organization.
• Knowledge in working with personal computer, business solution software and ERP
• Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
• Strong interpersonal skills and Good communication skills
• High Level of analytical and problem-solving skills
• Good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
About the Company
QS Quest Ltd - Your Middle East Recruitment Partner
QS Quest Ltd are a niche Recruitment Consultancy specialising in the placement of Construction & Engineering professionals into the Middle East. We deliver end to end recruitment for both client and candidate, with the ability to identify key Construction & Engineering professionals from all nationalities.
With a detailed knowledge of the local Middle East market, we have a proven track record of sourcing and delivering key staff for some of the regions most recognised Construction & Engineering projects.
Geographical areas covered are: Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE, Kuwait, Oman. Bahrain and Iran.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
A Leading Financial Organization in Qatar
Bids and Contracts Manager
Al Jassra Group
Contracts Manager - Consultancy / Infrastructure
MSI Qatar (Management Solutions International)
Contracts Manager - Consultancy