Job description / Role
• Primarily responsible for serving guests within our restaurants/cafe’s, their main function is to provide efficient service and excellent hospitality to all our guests daily.
• In addition, a server will be responsible for cash control elements, food quality and managing guest dissatisfaction.
• Responsible for selling and up selling restaurant offering.
• Elementary Graduate with relevant certificate in hospitality or restaurant management
• 1 to 3 years relevant experience within hospitality or related industry.
• Food handling certificate.
• Knowledge of various drinks recipes and beverage service standards.
• Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with guests, management and co-workers to their understanding.
• Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
• Familiarity with food/beverage and labor cost controls.
• Ability to communicate in a second language, preferably Arabic.
• Certification of previous training in drinks and food service.
• Any previous culinary training.
• Willingness to learn.
• Ability to provide legible communication.
• Ability to understand guests' service needs.
• Ability to be well organized, maintain concentration and think clearly when providing service to guests within any given period of time.
• Ability to focus attention on details.
• Ability to access and input information into Micros system.
• Ability to maintain good coordination and timing while doing tasks quickly.
• Ability to exert physical effort in transporting food and beverage guests.
• Ability to endure abundant physical movements throughout the work areas.
• Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team
• Ability to perform job functions with minimal supervision.
About the Company
A fully owned subsidiary of United Development Company (UDC), Hospitality Development Company (HDC) owns and operates a multi brand F&B portfolio consisting of quick service standalone restaurants, coffee shops and high end fine dining establishments in the city of Doha, a mix or franchise and home grown concepts. The Middle East has unique challenges and this is by no means a working holiday assignment, it will require hard work, patience and dedication from business savvy individuals.
Qatar is a beautiful peninsula some 300 miles away from Dubai and with its abundant oil and gas reserves and booming economy, it is has become a fast paced business and lifestyle metropolis, filled with innovative F&B concepts and well-established international hospitality brands. The land is steeped in culture and is a welcoming multinational hub, as it eagerly prepares to host the world’s largest football tournament in 2022.