Job description / Role
Scope and Objectives
You are the personal assistant of the Bride during weddings and events. When weddings are not taking place you support all areas of the banquet and event operations.
Food & Beverage Mission Statement
Food & Beverage will be recognized as the market leader by providing consistent and personalized service, by offering innovative concepts and products, not yet available on the market. We are committed to create an environment where teamwork is honored, honesty and integrity are valued. Our well trained and professional colleagues will be focused on delivering high quality products and memorable experiences that will strengthen our customer engagement in the resort and through social media.
Fairmont is a place where the well-being of our guests is our main priority. We will emotionally engage the local and international community, anticipate and exceed their wishes and needs, thus creating guests for life. Our Food and Beverage outlets will capture the attention of global media, making it the first choice for international awards and social events and becoming the benchmark for Local and international Food & Beverage industry.
Our financial success will strengthen the food and beverage reputation amongst current and new owners, by achieving Top Line Revenue and high EBITA surpassing their budget expectations. It is our responsibility and commitment to give back to the community by being a true heartist Ambassador.
Gracious with people, ruthless with standards and hungry for more.
Our appearance is a statement of who we are. Our grooming should create a professional image at work that is why our every team member needs to follow the grooming standards at all the time.
- Motivator & role model
- Positive attitude and well spoken
- Result driven
- Displays initiative
- Commitment to professional values
- Team creator
- Customer / people oriented
- Creative / open-minded
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities
- Ensure correct grooming standards are followed at all times
- Follow the Care Programme at all times
- Follow up on all financials, LQA, Forbes and TrustYou targets
- Is aware of the daily and monthly financial targets
- Actively contributes towards the achievement of financial targets
- Keep manager on duty updated of any guest feedback so they can update the Glitch Report
- Completes the relevant opening and closing checklists
- Acting as personal Assistant to Bride, Groom and their family
- Maintains seamless interaction with guests in order to facilitate guest recognition, obtain preferences, anticipate guest needs and proactively deliver all their requests & requirements
- Proficient with the operation of all electrical and technical equipment in the Bridal Suite
- Maintains knowledge of all products and services available in the Hotel and the local area
- Responsible for the maintenance and cleanliness of the Bridal Suite
- Maintains the HACCP & FIFO standards as required by the regional governing body
- Attends daily briefings prior to commencement of shift
- Ensure all appropriate equipment is on hand for each service period
- Should be creative, confident and prepared to think outside of the box
- Following the personal development plan set by the corporate office
- Ensure the operational inventory is always accounted for and in immaculate condition
- Follow Hotel Evacuation Policy in case of an Emergency
- Delivers the optimum levels of service and guest satisfaction
- Flexible to work in other areas when required by the immediate Supervisor
- Maintains a detailed inventory of all the operating supplies and equipment
- Record any wastage, breakage or lose
- Prepares the relevant mise en place for all the events
- To feel empowered, proactive and accountable within the work place.
- When no weddings are taking place assists with banquet service & set up for all kind of events in Banquet department
- Any other duties as may reasonably be requested by the management
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.