Job description / Role
Location: Doha, Qatar
Thales people architect solutions that support 85 million mainline and suburban passenger journeys, worldwide, every day. Our Rail Signalling and Communication systems are used on metro lines across major cities, and 72,000 kms of route, 52,000 trains per day in 16 countries are controlled by our Traffic Management Systems. Together We deployed the first-ever nationwide ticketing system which processes over 50 million ticketing transactions in 100 cities daily.
We have been present in Qatar for over 35 years and with over 350 employees to date and we are growing rapidly. Thales in Qatar is part of our Middle East business that has 1,800 people across Egypt, Iraq, Kuwait, KSA, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar and UAE. Our people are working on two major urban rail projects; the Doha Metro and Lusail Tramway and providing security and communications systems for Hamad International Airport and Doha Port as well as delivering world-class In-Flight entertainment and Connectiivity systems.
We are currently looking for a Work Package Manager- SCADA to join the Thales team in Qatar.
Role & Responsibilities:
Provide overall direction and management of the SCADA Subsystem in the Doha Metro Project.
- Enforce the project specific plans and procedures in relation to design, installation, testing, commissioning for the subsystem.
- Collaborate with the T&C manager for the SCADA part of his scope
- Be proactive on the understanding of the SCADA system from Thales and respective interfaces with all the systems and applications
- Have a good knowledge of the SCADA system to drive the technical teams
- Manage the interfaces with all stakeholders like Consortium, End customer and offshore units promoting meetings, site visits, support plans.
- Manage, with the support of the PMO, the schedules required to the different sub projects and the main schedule in coordination with the joint venture members and internal departments
- Issue the regular management reports to the internal stakeholders, offshore units and end customer.
- Enforce the quality of the works near the delivery managers, T&C members, etc.
- Control the sub contractor's budget.
- Make available the BOQ for purchasing, follow up the supply chain activities ensuring the material availability to comply with the schedule.
- Identify and manage the required human resources plan by defining job descriptions, interviewing candidates, liaise with HR.
- Oversee the works deployment on sites in close relationship with delivery managers, the T&C manager and other intervenient that might be shared with other subsystems.
- Control the sub system budget if necessary
- Provide the inputs to the PMO for the risk register.
- Manage the reporting and the follow up of the technical issues either from the project deployment or from the Defects Notification period (Warranty)
- Enforce, in collaboration with the respective process owners, the Thales policies for the design, deployment, T&C, quality, HSE.
- Provide inputs or initiate letters to the contract management
- Ensure the production of the reports and make sure these are officially submitted and that the corresponding financial milestones towards customer payments are met.
- Manage the team by completing the yearly assessment, the training needs and keeping a positive ambience.
- Implement company's business management system including QA and HSE systems
Desired Experience & Skills:
- 10+ years in Project Management activities preferably in Transportation
- Experience in SCADA systems / BMS / Security systems
- Good written and verbal communication. Fundamental fluent in English.
- Ability to identify potential problems and propose solutions.
- Ability to work in group by delegating activities and following up the delegate's performance.
- Experience in Microsoft applications, planning tolls, ERP (preferential)
- BSc/BEng in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Chartered Project Manager from recognized professional body
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 65,000 employees in 56 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
About the Company
With operations in 50 countries and 68,000 employees, Thales is a world leader in mission-critical information systems for defence and security, aerospace and transportation.
Building on its expertise in the most sophisticated technologies and large-scale software systems, Thales is stepping up to the security challenges of its customers in an increasingly complex world. With its global network of 22,500 high-level researchers, Thales has earned particular recognition for its ability to develop and deploy dual civil and military technologies. Leveraging its international operations and spanning the entire value chain from equipment to systems and services, Thales is playing a pivotal role in making the world a safer place.