Job description / Role
• Manage and interpret both new and existing customer requirements – to understand, anticipate and practically meet their needs.
• Offer customers a product or service that best satisfies their needs in terms of technical specification, quality, price and delivery, for your range of products.
• Provide pre-sales technical expertise and product education to new and existing customers.
• Calculate accurate and competitive sales quotations and prepare tenders, proposals, designs and technical documents to meet customer deadlines.
• Follow up quotations in a timely manner to secure profitable orders.
• Offer after-sales service and support to develop and grow long-term relationships with new and existing customers.
• Build close relations with key suppliers in order to develop in-depth knowledge of your product range and to understand new product developments.
• Solve customer problems in terms of technical solutions and design of custom made products.
• Analyse costs of sales, to be able to make informed pricing recommendations for core and new business opportunities; and propositions in emerging markets.
• Prepare pricing and sales reports to contribute to the overall business strategy, including use of bench-marking to gauge market levels accurately.
• Attend and actively contribute to Sales meetings to keep colleagues informed about customers and your product range.
• Attend occasional site visits and customer meetings in order to provide technical expertise for your product range. Maintain appropriate levels of sales literature, instruction manuals, certification booklets and evaluation reports for your product range.
• HNC in electrical engineering or equivalent craft apprenticeship. 3 years working in a product sales environment for process measurement and control products
• Producing accurate technical quotations, specifications and instruction manuals
• Working with customers and suppliers to build profitable and long-term working relationships
• Being a technical point of reference for customers and colleagues
• Producing accurate sales orders and all relevant paperwork
• Customer focused approach with excellent communication skills
• Problem solving approach
• Able to analyse and compare our products with market competitors
• Accuracy in quoting and pricing
• Good IT skills, including Microsoft products: Word, Excel and Access and also AutoCAD
• Conscientious, good team worker, cooperative, reliable, efficient, and diplomatic. Willingness to learn new skills Self–motivated
• Passionate about service delivery Able to balance your own needs with the needs of the business
About the Company
TP Global is the leading recruitment provider of technical professionals to the energy sector. Covering the full project life cycle TP Global offer a full 360 degree man power solution, providing unparalleled levels of delivery to clients and applicants worldwide.
With a sole dedication to the energy market TP Global has a true global network allowing interment knowledge of individual market environments and geographical locations. This focus has created opportunity to partner with the most talented technical professionals and top tier clients across our core market geographies of Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific and Europe.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Pre-Sales Engineer - Electronic Security System
|Abu Dhabi||11 Sep|