Job description / Role
Rawabi Vallianz Offshore Services (RVOS) is an equally shared joint venture company between Rawabi Holding and Vallianz Holdings Limited of Singapore. Rawabi Holding has built a solid network of business relationships and expertise in Oilfield Services and Contracting & Industrial Services in the GCC region, particularly Saudi Arabia, over the last three decades; while Vallianz has a proven track record as a provider of a full range of Offshore Engineering, Procurement, Installation, and Construction (EPIC); Marine; and Subsea Support Services to the Offshore Oil & Gas Industry. Thus, RV OS is able to effectively harness individual strengths to provide synergistic and seamless services to the industry.
The main purpose of the 2nd Engineer's job is to ensure accident free technical maintenance of vessels and equipment's; and to establish vessel technical services
- Acts as Watch Officer Engineer in the engine control room overseeing the operation, maintenance and repairs of subordinate engineers and engine ratings members of the cruise ship's engineering team
- Manages the maintenance and repairs of the main and auxiliary engines and their belonging systems and equipment, ship's plants for fresh and sea water, boiler plant with related systems and equipment, emergency generators with their related systems, steering gear, stabilizers, propeller shafts, stern tubes, bow thrusters, pneumatic valves with all belonging systems and equipment
- Responsible for the maintenance of the ship's safety and emergency equipment - watertight, fire and splash doors; lifeboats, life rafts and rescue boats winches; tender boats, lifeboats and rescue boats engines etc.
- Monitors fuel, lubricants, water supplies and maintenance supplies
- Plans and provides technical training for the junior personnel
- Controls the quality of the equipment maintenance provided by organizations and vessel specialists
- Promotes and disseminates a positive health and safety culture and ensures the health, safety and welfare of self and others
- Ensures employee health and safety programs and guidelines are developed, regularly maintained, implemented and complied with
- Identifies any Health, Safety or Environmental risks and recommends and implements measures and solutions to mitigate these risks
- Performs miscellaneous tasks as assigned by his/her direct manager
- STCW-95 approved 2nd Engineer unlimited Certificate of Competency is a must
- Minimum 3 years' experience as a second engineer on board vessels
- Degree in Mechanical or Marine Engineering from accredited maritime school or equivalent
- Previous experience in the GCC is a plus, especially if the experience was in Saudi Arabia
- English fluency is a must; Arabic language is a plus
About the Company
Rawabi Holding, through its fully owned subsidiaries, joint ventures and partnerships with international market leaders, focuses on four core sectors:
Oilfield Services, Contracting & Industrial Services, Offshore Services and Retail. Through these divisions, we provide a diversified range of products and services to a variety of industries: oil, gas and petrochemicals; marine; engineering and construction; power, telecom and IT; corrosion and industrial services; logistics; and consumer products. Although varied and distinct, all our offerings share the same commitment to quality, service and excellence that make them part of the Rawabi Holding family.
Rawabi Holding is a purpose-driven company that exists not only to generate profit, but also to improve everyone and everything we can. From customer projects and employee development to our impact on the communities in which we work, Rawabi Holding is propelled by an unwavering energy to make everything we touch better. No matter how great the challenge or how complex the problem, we face it head-on to deliver proven results.
A Leading Recruitment Agency in UAE
Saudi Aramco Total Refining & Petrochemical Company (SATORP)
Quality Engineer - Water Pipeline
|Saudi Arabia||19 Sep|
Workshop Engineer - Compressor and Turbine Workshop Repair
BAC Middle East
|Saudi Arabia||9 Oct|
Project Control Engineer
China Petroleum Pipeline Engineering