Job description / Role
Work Area: Sales
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The Account Executive (AE) assumes the leadership role within their assigned accounts as well as providing leadership to the sales team. In this capacity, the AE will identify and qualify opportunities within their own assigned accounts, and develop and drive account strategy and executive relationships within each. Similarly, the AE will contribute to the overall success of the other individuals within their sales team by providing coaching and mentoring to each as needed to facilitate the identification, qualification, development and strategizing of opportunities in their accounts. The AE will assume ownership for revenue generation within their assigned accounts, as well as the quality and strength of the executive relationships within them. Further, the AE will facilitate the attainment of similar such revenue and relationship goals in all other sales team accounts through ongoing collaborative efforts with the other Account Executives. The AE may be deployed in an assigned account team, an assigned geographic territory team, or a combination of both, and will be considered responsible and accountable for the successful execution of Sap's Customer Engagement Lifecycle (CEL) throughout the sales team.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
• Provide overall account leadership to the SAP virtual account team for each assigned account.
• Establish trusted advisor relationships with executives across functional/divisional areas in each account that will provide the foundation for future business opportunities and ongoing, accurate account information.
• Enhance relationships through the proper deployment of appropriate SAP resources to meet and exceed customer expectations through successful execution of Sap's Customer Engagement Lifecycle (CEL).
• Assume leadership role in account transitions to ensure proper and consistent communication with customer and virtual customer support team. Assume leadership role in customer team meetings, developing and driving account strategy through Sap's virtual account team for each assigned account.
• Proactively build and grow successful relationships with SAP strategic partners.
• Identify, pursue and close sales opportunities through the successful execution of CEL.
• Position SAP to win sales opportunities by developing, communicating and driving effective selling strategies that are based on valid, customer-specific value propositions.
• Orchestrate resources within accounts by defining and deploying the appropriate virtual account teams to execute winning sales strategies and exceed customer expectations.
• Provide thought leadership in discussing and communicating account strategy with other members of the virtual account team.
• Maintain an accurate, timely and documented pipeline of opportunities (prospects and suspects) and provide appropriate communication of such to SAP management.
• Continuously gather knowledge of competitors and how to effectively position SAP solutions against them.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Min experience of 3 years sales in business applications
• Knowledge of basic ERP solutions
• Focus will be on Consumer Industries, Retail and Fashion, Distribution, Food Manufacturing, Quick Service restaurants, Life Sciences and Pharmaceutical industry
• Ability to work with cross functions and LoBs teams
• Sales proven career history with successful achievements
• The position based in Riyadh but free to travel domestic based on the needs
• Good level of Presentation skills and building executive relationship & connections
• Bachelor's degree required. Advanced degree preferred. General familiarity with consultative selling training methodologies also preferred.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now .
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
About the Company
Headquartered in Walldorf, Germany, SAP is the world's largest business software company with more than 51,500 employees at sales and development locations in more than 50 countries worldwide.
Our global development approach focuses on distributing development across the world in strategically important markets. A global network of SAP Labs spanning Bulgaria, Canada, China, Germany, Hungary, India, Israel, and the United States, enables SAP to operate locally, yet organize globally.
As the global technology research unit of SAP, SAP Research significantly contributes to SAP's product portfolio and extends SAP's leading position by identifying and shaping emerging IT trends through applied research and corporate venturing. SAP Research has highly skilled teams in 11 research centers worldwide.